1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 Marines and Marauders Against Early Toss

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Raynor, Mar 1, 2011.

2 Marines and Marauders Against Early Toss

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Raynor, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Raynor

Raynor New Member

I did not actually know about this early gap with protoss until about a month of playing.

I think all terran players should know this especially in the lower leagues because not a lot of protoss players know how to defend against this.

Everyone is familiar with the 3 rax build going very well against the very standard 4 gate build for protoss. When facing protoss there is going to be a time when they will be out numbered by your units if both of you are being consistent with these builds.

They have a gap when they need to use their chrono boost on warpgate tech at the cybernetics core. This is generally around the same time you will have 2 marines and marauders out.

When going for the 3 rax train 2 marines back to back on the first barracks and then get a tech lab. Get out 2 marauders and send them right over to their base.

Usually they will only have like a stalker and a sentry. I am not saying this works all the time but it does against new protoss players because they do not know terran players will do this.

This is also an effective push if they go 2 gate robo. Rushes are always good against early teching.

Now the thing you do not want to see is a protoss player that will use a sentry force field to divide your army in two at just the right spot and then have a zealot and stalker to take them out making the early push not very effective.

But either way you should go give it a shot. Good protoss players know about the push and will have the sentry. It becomes mandatory for them just like getting the early stalker to defend against possible reapers which has gone out the window since they were nerfed anyway.

By the way I am curious about using reaper rushing against a protoss player that expects the early push since they will have their units at the ramp instead of in the mineral line to defend against them. Not a lot of toss players will expect that I am sure. Hope this helped.