1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A list of confirmed Terran units/mechanics

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Ych, Jul 20, 2007.

A list of confirmed Terran units/mechanics

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Ych, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Ych

Ych New Member

I would like to Sum up all the Terran units/mechanics here in this post.

Salvage ability ability that sells the current building returning 100% resources. Once, activated it cannot be stopped

SCV: Your typical Terran worker unit. It seems like its abilitys are the same compared to SC1's SCV.

Marines: Your basic infantry for the Terran. Range increase + stim-pack ability is also making a comeback. With the Shield upgrade, you will get a +15HP increase

Reapers: Built at the Barrack. Has a jump-pack ability that allows it to cross-cliffs.
    They also have a mine ability called D8 Charges/Magnetic Mine that blow up after a few seconds

Ghost: Cloak, and Nuke is making a comeback. Has a Snipe ability that deals 150 damage to an organic unit, and uses a command key. But it won't be effective against mechanical units. Has an ability to summon an drop-pod of infantry units into battlefield.

Siege Tanks: Returning unit from SC1. Tank mode is vastly improved compared to SC1.

Medivac Dropship: Revamped Dropship that also acts like a Medic in that it heals nearby infantry units.

Viking: A transformer unit that can switch between air/ground unit. In air mode, it can only attack air units. In ground mode, it can only attack ground units. Buildable from the Starport. In air form, it i effective against armored units like the BC. In ground form, it is weak against powerful attacked units like the Siege Tanks.

Banshee: An air helicopter unit that act as a Bomber but cannot attack air units.. It fires missile that deals heavy damage to ground units, and also has the cloak ability.

BattleCruiser: New ability called the Plasma Turrets. The ability lets it shoots tons of lasers at ground targets doing massive AOE damage. Battlecruisers individually choose either Yamato Cannon or Plasma Turrets as its super ability. New attack animation change in that Battlecruisers shoots many lasers when attacking instead of a single laser. Battlecruiser model changes depending if you choose a yamato cannon or plasma turret.

Marauders Build from the Barrack. Attack damage is similiar to a Marine. However when it attacks, it slows down biological units. It also does bonus damage against armored units.

Nomad A Science Vessel Replacement. 3 abilities. An ability that can repair mechanical units for 200 HP. Has an auto-turret ability that constructs a small ground to ground automatic machine gun turret. The turret is fairly powerful and can go 1on1 against a Siege tank in Tank mode. 3rd ability is the Mine Drone. It places a stationary Mine Drone which creates 4 mines around it. Once it is created, the mines will cloak (similiar to the Vulture mines) and will activate when the enemy is near doing splash damage to it.

Thor: Build from Factory. Does tremendous AOE damage to air units. Has a ability "Reconstruct". When the Thor gets below HP, it will be disabled. During the disabled state, it can still attack, but cannot move. At a cost of 100 minerals and 50 gas, you can bring back the Thor.

Jackals A ground unit that deals a line of damage (similiar to the Lurkers) and is very effective against small/clumped up units.

Command Centre: Can load up to 6 SCV to protect it like a bunker. It can also lift off with 6 SCV for easier expansions. Can be upgraded to Planetary Fortress for improved armor and wields a big cannon that deals AOE damage to units. It can also be upgraded to a Surveillance Station which acts like a comsat station. Cannot be downgraded once upgraded. Can also not liftoff their buildings once upgraded.

Tech-Centre/Reactor: Add-ons that can be added to any of your Barracks/Factories/Starports. Tech-Centre will open up more units from your building, while a Reactor will allow you to build 2 units at a time instead of 1 unit at a time.

Sensor Dome/Rador Dome: Sensor Dome is a detector building that can then be upgraded to a Rador Dome. Rador dome can detect units in a large area and fog of war, but is exposed to the enemy. Enemy in range will have bars shown on the map, but you cannot see the exact unit.

Supply Depots: Can now be submerged into the ground. While it is underground, aoe attacks and nukes won't be able to damage it.

That basically concludes the list/mechanics of the Terran for SC2.
    Please add or correct me on anything that you find is wrong.

2. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

Thank you for putting this up, it will serve greatly as the basic "Terran database." Even though I already read all of this from the other sites, great post.

3. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    Thanks for putting this up Ych9.  Let's have this temporary fact sheet updated like we did for Protoss.

EDIT:  LOL, you beat me to it kehmdaddy.

4. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    Haha! I'm soooo happy for these units!! I have been waiting for the Terran units since forever!!

YES!! They added a helicopter! And with relatively the same function as i invisioned it!! Although I did kinda see a sort of emp missle that also irradiates. =P

5. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    LOL, now you're just getting greedy with the irradiating EMP.

Terran players really got nothing but goodness right now. Maybe a bad name here and there and minor touch ups to do on graphic models, but definitely not the mess that Protoss is in. Although still superb overall, some of the stuff for Protoss is just pulled straight from La-La Land.

It's been a while since I pulled out La-La Land, look at my smoking guns. Whoooo~

6. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Haha, its not greedy, its perfectly acceptable!! :p

I think the reason the Terran are gettin it good right now is because they have the chance to be more versatile with Terran. Terran has everything: fantastic infantry, medics, covert ops, bombers, Starscream, etc.

These are times im glad to be a Terran player

7. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

Well, I think once all the craze dies down over the new Terran info and the Zerg starts coming out, we'll all basically be in La-La Land ourselves just thinking about the possibilities :thumbup:
    I'm curious though, what parts of the Protoss do you think are farfetched?

8. Ych

Ych New Member

I am very interested in this new Tech-Centre/Reactor thingy.

You can add this to any of your rax/factories/starport, and yet they all work soo different.
    Build a tech-centre and it opens up the advanced units from that building. Build a Reactor and you can build 2 units at a time, instead of 1, but sacrificing the ability to get the advanced unit.

Mass infantries is going to be a lot easier to crank up due to the reactor. Terrans are going have a lot easier time to mass units.

Speaking of that, that means that the Zerg MUST get some new mechanics that would make them having an easier way to mass units. The Zergs are the masters of Swarming, and from the looks of now, Terrans might be able to swarm of the Zergs. That is, if we pit the Terrans from SC2 against the Zergs from SC1 ;D. I'm just wondering how Blizzard is going to make the Zerg have the ability to have an easier way to mass units. Increase the larva production rate? Increase the larva per hatchery? Or a totally new mechanic that we haven't thought about? The possibilities are endless here.

9. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

I completely agree, the Tech Centre and Reactor add-ons are very intriguing. I personally think Blizzard is going to come out of left field and give the Zerg some new massing mechanic no one every thought of. But the idea of them having a faster larva reproduction rate or having more of them is very viable.

10. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

I thought I heard that their awesome, sweet, super ability was to get like a million zerg going, like how we saw in the gameplay demo. I could be wrong though.

To tell you the truth, I'm just more excited for Terran as opposed to zerg, mostly because im a terran player and terran always have the funnest toys. It will be rather interesting to see the mutations and evolutions the zerg get though.

11. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

I'd almost not be surprised if they made any Zerg unit be able to evolve into any other on the spot, although this would obviously be way overpowered. I think the creep is going to become one of the things that really separates the Zerg- I think there will be an entirely new game mechanic solely related to it.

12. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    The explanation behind zealot's charge ability, gayness. The way phase cannons relocate(graphically), I've described it as "pansy ass ghost fairies" in another thread. The new look of the DTs, where the hell did that come from? The name "shuriken"(???) is just stupid, it litterally means "sword in hand." I'm sure there are other stuff.

The new tech flexibility of Terran with their addons is really intriguing. It would really allow the more skilled players to flex their muscles. If Blizzard somehow end up making Zerg just all about swarming, then I will switch to Terran. But since that won't happen, I'll always be Zerg.

13. Outcaster

Outcaster New Member

Thor being build directly built by an SCV, now that's cool!!!!

14. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    Medic was again mentioned in the source Korean article on the recent Terran info.

@ Ych9:

I would like to suggest that you change the wording of "Build from SCV's" to "Built directly by SCVs."

Bunkers and Missile Turrets are also confirmed Terran structures btw. I believe so far, both are desribed to largely like their SC1 counterparts.

Thanks for keeping this up to date, good job once again.

15. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    In the most protected part of the map I'm going to have 5 SCVs making 5 Thors.

And these new units are going to be fun to use. Cobra shoots while moving? That's one of my Terran dreams come true.

16. proswimma

proswimma New Member

Maine
    It looks like the viking will be replacing the goliath?

17. Space Pirate Rojo

Canada, eh?
    I never liked the Goliath. Sucked against Zerg, Zealots/Archons, and Terran infantry.

But now that the Viking's ground form is going to rock light armored units, the ground V ground role is going to rock the Goliath's old spot.

18. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    I"m thinking the thor will be mad expensive and have some sort of weakness but it looks soooo badass! It'll be so intimidating attacking that base.

I wonder whether the sensor dome would give away some of the fog of war surrounding its direct vicinity (not it's range capabilities of course)

19. Space Pirate Rojo

Canada, eh?
    If it's late game you'll be fine with resources. Late game I can have around 10000 minerals that I can't get rid of no matter what I do.

The sensor dome is the detector but that's not much help... methinks it'd be cheaper just to use a missile turret unless this thing has boosted LOS.

20. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    I love how they improved upon the new Goliath (aka Viking). They made it so versatile and a gatling gun! YES!!