1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A list of confirmed Zerg units/mechanics

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by -LT-, Dec 21, 2007.

A list of confirmed Zerg units/mechanics

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by -LT-, Dec 21, 2007.

1. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    no, he has a half life. Still, there has to be a law against having someone with a partial life in Hyperion.

2. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    It's just... an unheard of things on these forums.

3. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    Yup, wife and kid, the whole deal.

4. AlexBlaze

AlexBlaze New Member

Hyperion's cantina.. *BURP*
    I think the mechanics of the Corruptor are these: i think they do normal damage, and when the enemy ship's health bar get low(red), they get corrupted, rendering them unable to fight for some time, and the enemy will target them like they were your ships. I think if they aren't destroyed they will get back to their normal owner. I don't think they can be controled by the Zerg player when they're corrupted. Hope this come in handy! :)

5. TheOneInPower

TheOneInPower New Member

I think the corruptor is a great unit. I love that they are doing something other than just damage. It make the zerg seem even more foreign. Perfect.

6. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    i hate how the corruptor looks, but I like the idea for its attack.
    I just wish BLIZZARD would release more information on it.

7. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I think the Corrupter looks cool. I like the way the tendrils wave around when they move.

8. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    i think it looks like a flying pink bag

9. -LT-

-LT- New Member

I like that too, but I don't really like that pink ball on him... :confused:

10. UziSuicide

UziSuicide New Member

Sorry if this has been asked or even talked about yet... but what up with creep tumors? I've read what's been said about them in the most recent updates, but I don't know if I fully understand them. First, does anyone know what they look like yet? Next, are they basically non-attacking ground units that are hatched from larve, that you use to expand creep by burrowing them? I'm guessing they're immobile while burrowed?

P.s.- the zerg units list might as well be updated with this unit too, once it's more clear wtf a creep tumor is!

Thanks to anyone who's got the info. and shares it. All-in-all, I think this unit, even if it only has a very simple/specific purpose will be awesome and open up so many fantastic new strategies, I just want to better understand them!!!

11. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    the Creep Tumor is a building that spread the creep further along the ground, the first one must be built from the hatchery, after that they can be made from other Creep Tumors. they can also be burrowed.

12. UziSuicide

UziSuicide New Member

that starts to paint a clearer picture... I'm still eager to find out more as the info. becomes available though..

13. Kaloth

Kaloth New Member

14. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Holy crap that seriously sucks balls. The awesome thing about the Queen was that you could only get one, and, with Deep Tunnel, it didn't diminish any defence at all.

15. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
  16. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Meh, I don't mind that. Just means they can be more powerful. Besides, we've already got Banelings for massed Ground units, and provided that it doesn't take ages to tech to the Spire, we don't need much more Anti-Air than what we've already got, and the first Terran and Protoss Air units are Air-to-Air, anyway.

17. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    and we got the roaches as well, they are awesome =]

18. Kaloth

Kaloth New Member

ItzaHexGor' what're you writing about? Hydralisks are the only zerg ground-to-air attackers. Protoss have stalkers/immortals and Terrans have marines. Would it be fitting for zerg hydralisks to be a heavier ground-to-air attacker than stalkers/immortals to justify the wait until tier 2?
    Ace 01
    Can a roach's range be upgraded like a hydralisk's?

19. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I never said they weren't the only Ground-to-Air attackers. Regardless, there's no need for Lurkers to be at a lower tier, because we've got Banelings now, and it's not a requirement to have Hydralisks so early on because there's no need to have a Ground-to-Air attacker at that stage in the game. As long as it doesn't take too long to get to the Lair, which is doesn't, then they'll be able to defend against Air units. And again, regardless, even if your opponent did rush Air units, both Terran's and Protoss' first Air units are pure Air-to-Air, so the Zerg player isn't at risk. Sure, the Zerg player's Overlords can be targeted, but they'll always be defended by the Queen and the Crawlers.

In fact... Didn't you say that Zerg players can build more than one Queen now? 'Cause if they can, then they've got another Ground-to-Air attacker, which comes even earlier than the Hydralisk.

20. Redlazer

Redlazer New Member

I hear Corruptors don't require a Spire for production at T2 as well, so a decent Zerg player should be fine as far as early AA goes. As soon as you get your Lair up, you'll have them at your disposal! I think it's cool that they're forcing people to come up with new builds and strategies, it's part of the fun I would hope a new game would have =)