1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advise: Toss vs Zerg

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Cheech420, Mar 21, 2011.

Advise: Toss vs Zerg

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Cheech420, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Cheech420

Cheech420 New Member

Hey guys i need some advise or a strategy to play against zergs, in specific, two base to mass speedlings! WHAT THA SHIZ!!

Im excellent against another toss. Very Good against terran, horrible against zerg.

I just played two different games on 1v1 ladders where i was scouting and saw that the zerg did an early expand, so i thought, cool... i won't have to worry about 6/12 pool rush and wasting gas on pumping out a few sentries. So i get +1 dmg upgrade and roll in with zeals, stalkers, sentries at around the 6m30s - 7m30s mark with unit ratio roughly being 3:2:1. FF my stalkers against lings, but nope... there's literally a SWARM of these little bastards and i just get steamrolled!!

first game i did four gate, got destroyed, second game i went 3 gate robo.. destroyed! What the freaks! Im a slightly aggressive player, like to keep the pressure on and harass anywhere i can, even snipe 1 ling if the opportunity presents itself, but it's just not working out!

Whats going on here... im i just doomed against mass lings?! If its a normal game where they have roaches and speedlings then i would have time to get at least +2dmg upgrade with 1 or 2 colos and it's all gravy... but when its mass speedlings, it just doesnt seem like i have time for anything.

btw: Rank 2 Gold about 35 more wins then losses, about to go into Plat.. assuming i stop running into mass speedling zerg players lol.

"For the swarm"... no sh*t ey...

2. WhiteWalls

WhiteWalls New Member

Lots of zealots, lots of forcefields.
    Forcefields are powerful man, you can surround your stalkers with forcefields, and let them do damage from this 'bunker' , and the zealots eat up the damage and kill the lings.

3. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Don't FF around your stalker because then they'll just run away and wait for them to expire. FF around the lings to creates chokes where your zealots can slice them up. But don't expect to win with zealots if you only have half their army value. It's a common mistake.

4. Makki

Makki Member

Denmark
    you should be carefull with zealots vs speedlings 'cause of a possible runby D:

5. Stirlitz

Stirlitz Member

Greece
    Don't expect to win with pure zealots even at the same army value, unless you got +1 more weapons upgrade than the ling armor which makes zealots effectively 50% more powerful against lings...