1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BlizzCon Impressions

Discussion in 'BlizzCon 2007' started by 10-Neon, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BlizzCon Impressions

Discussion in 'BlizzCon 2007' started by 10-Neon, Aug 6, 2007.

1. burkid

burkid New Member

i remember seeing a blizzcon pic of a star relic that was floating a bit off the ground, was that it? (stasis orb)

2. Tym29

Tym29 New Member

http://limitedgaming.com/files/18/protoss_tech.JPG
    Its hard to make out but the stasus orb is the one on the top row third from the left in the build menu for the gateway/ warpgate
    Just for kicks here is the terran tech tree too.
    http://limitedgaming.com/files/18/terran_tech.JPG

sorry to double post but I found it. They look exactly like these things floating in the air except they float along the ground instead. Guess they made some changes.
    http://images.starcraftcz.com/screen/33.jpg

Merged posts. Please read the forum rules and do not double post.

3. burkid

burkid New Member

yeah, those are star relics.

thats really lame, they took an air unit, plopped it on the ground, stole its abilities, and gave it a different name.

4. Tym29

Tym29 New Member

Yeah, maybe. There were some guys in line talking about how powerful it was to mass them in a rush and that they'd never lost a game trying that tactic I tried it and it was a total massacre… for me. I’m pretty sure they were just joking and I fell for it. They aren’t a power house or a trump card but they are cheap can slow the enemy down and that’s is valuable some times. Ie your base is attacked and your army is seconds away from returning. The status orb can severely limit the amount of damage the force can do while you reposition your cannons and troops. Its not bad, just not incredible they need to give it something else to do also like teleport the enemy a short distance away. Blink in reverse. That’d be cool.

5. Lemmy

Lemmy New Member

Something could can be made of such a unit. Maybe give the option to either slow enemies or make your units faster? Just a slow skill sucks.

6. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    Awsome post 10-Neon, welcome back. Thanks for your contributions as well Tym, welcome back to you as well.

I hate everything Protoss now, MS sounds like crap, and Stasis Orb sounds like crap. The Stasis Orb has no normal attack and can only target and slow a single unit at a time, is this correct? If that's the case, it does sound completely useless, especially against Zerg.

But anyway, I have a question, did Reapers not have the flamethrower ability/upgrade? I thought Reapers were in part also direct replacements to the Firebat.

7. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

yah reapers should be half firebats.
    i dont like the idea of bringing back the firebats. a unit with a rockets luncher or gatling laser guns is cooler.
    and a mobile terran bunker. firebat is good as dead.

great post. thanks.

8. DontHate

DontHate New Member

whoa... in the picture of the star relics that tym posted, you can see the immortal targeting up at a pheonix. you think this means it has air attack?

9. GrahamTastic

GrahamTastic Member

Wow...now I really wish I would have gone. Great summary!

10. TheOneInPower

TheOneInPower New Member

In the screenshot with the Stasis Orb: That isn't the Stasis Orb, thats an old screenshot with the Star Relic. Can't you tell it's old? It has reavers in it. And it has Soul Hunters, which were axed way before the Star Relic became the Stasis Orb. And plus, you can see the shadow of it and it's far down below. Too far to just be hovering.

11. burkid

burkid New Member

no, he said it(the orb) looked just like that.

what the stasis orbs model is is a star relic, but its just shown as a ground unit. they look exactly the same.

12. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    It has been confirmed that immortals can not attack air. I've always said this even since the first gameplay demo, but some people didn't think so because of immortal's idle animation where it points its weapons up.

Still no word on reaper flamethrower attack from any BlizzCon attendee?

13. DontHate

DontHate New Member

i'm pretty sure it's official immortals attack air, meloku said it and he went to blizzcon.

14. brc9210

brc9210 New Member

Well Remy Meloku states otherwise, from his experience they can attack air, and with the flamethrower thing I've always thought that it was just flashes from the pistol never got totally convinced it was flames.

15. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    OMG I must have misread the reports then, I stand corrected and I apologize.

About the reapers shooting flames, I think that was pretty clear.  If you've seen the leaked vid in high res there really is no mistaking it.  The pistol attack and the flame attack looks very different.

Here is the thread with people giving proof supporting reaper's flamethower attack
    http://www.starcraft2forum.org/forums/index.php?topic=1028.0

EDIT: I have some more questions.

Was there a movement speed upgrade for the cobra? In the Terran video cobras looked hella slow. If thor's turning speed was supposed to be hella slow, cobras couldn't really circle it faster than it can turn.

Also, the chevron markings that we've seen over Terran(Terran only I think...) units, any idea what they are?

16. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

*two days late*
    hurray our spy is back xD

so....did you get all-in rushed by pros at any stage? xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.