1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom Maps: Reviews and Links

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Maps, Replays, Modding' started by eXeel, Aug 4, 2010.

Custom Maps: Reviews and Links

1. eXeel

eXeel New Member

Hello there,

I hope you guys will help me with gathering information about all for the custom maps out there, that you find entertaining and worth while.

What's important is that you write the right map name, describe the gameplay and what you think of it, and then supply a download link - if you can find it.

Thank you!

2. eXeel

eXeel New Member

Map:
    Nexus Wars

Description:
    Defend the nexus with your team and use your worker to build production facilities, that automatically pumps out units and send them towards the enemy base in one of two lanes.
    Money is earned with time and kills. It is all about countering what the opponents send at you.

Review:
    The idea is very interesting, though the marines seemed too overpowered. When the other team spammed them, there was nothing to do in time. Might be due to noobness, that we didn't counter it right. Don't know. But the possibilities are great.

Link:
    Not available. Got it through Battle.net

3. eXeel

eXeel New Member

I suppose no one has any favourites yet. Will ask in a few months then...

4. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Map:
    RunLing Run

Description:
    Navigate through a spiral to reach the center, dodging bouncing drones on the way with one of three (now maybe four?) runner types. Get hit, and you burrow and cannot move until another player tags you. The corners of each concentric spiral circle are "safe zones" and reaching these grants you experience. Leveling up allows to increase attributes such as speed or skills. Reach the center to start the next level!

Review:
    I guess it's a remake of Run Kitty Run from WC3, but I've never played the WC3 version. Probably my most-played custom game so far, and the only one that I've enjoyed enough to keep coming back. The selectable background music is a nice touch, too. Very friendly, non-competitive game. Most of the higher-up players spend their time saving low-levels and helping them earn experience rather than rushing to the finish line.

5. eXeel

eXeel New Member

I will try out that map, thank you :) Damn, SC2 needs a better search and filter function for maps.