1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you also experience a shuffle music issue?

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Tech Support' started by Kloppstock, Aug 7, 2010.

Do you also experience a shuffle music issue?

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Tech Support' started by Kloppstock, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Kloppstock

Kloppstock New Member

Im planning to skip this last support step thei gave me, i would not consider my driver old...and im getting to provoked my the choicr of mainstream "sound issues" that Blizzards hand wrote during a NAP with nervous dreams :wubclub: its not Warcraft 2 that have been released for crying out loud

I take this up now cause uninstallling the USB headphone driver didn't change anything :mask: i could still play for extended 20 minutes as a whole on this level with music, then it didn't return after a transmission when i only hade 1 Nexus to destroy left, i noticed that this time was the same moments as my last recent tries..where the music jade gained more stamina (lowering to 64 channel) but still not enough

i have pressed restart scenario every time i have tested each new con figs, to avoid the risk of playing on a corrupted save game with no music, but its impossible to accuse the mission for all this...cause it allays choose a new spot where it gets silent on all missions i have played long enough on

So what i have left now is to reinstall the game from scratch and hopefully being able to transplant the saves into a new installation, it could be caused bu the fact that it took 45 minutes to install this game for me on XP-32, excluded the decreasing XP factor it could be a error DVD disk i got :)

If this doesn't help after i contact blizzard again, then i gotta purchase windows 7

2. TheXev

TheXev Active Member

Corry PA USA
    You can try Windows 7 free for 30 days before activating. Keep that in mind.

3. Kloppstock

Kloppstock New Member

It would feel nice if could use both OS installed at the same time? but i guess that is out of the question? :jimlad:

4. Kloppstock

Kloppstock New Member

I actually starts to sound good now, i played an entire mission now without music interruptions
    i have updated my DVD-rom firmwares, then uninstalled SC2 (some files where locked so it could not uninstall through its own installer) then reinstalled it, and move over my saves only, but killing the profile as much as it can

i call if something would start to go completely down just because i write this :p

5. TheXev

TheXev Active Member

Corry PA USA
    Wait, your playing with the disc in the drive? You don't need it.

6. Kloppstock

Kloppstock New Member

No i don't, but i install it with my disc, if the music would start being troublesome i should consider uninstall game and reinstall with blizzards online installation files instead

7. Kloppstock

Kloppstock New Member

Great! the problem made comeback on mission "Outbreak" :wubclub: i can reload any save after a certain moment how many times i have energy to...but the conclusion is that it will always keep dying after same track have faded out, the only thing that works is to restart mission, but it will just find a new random trigger point.
    So now i can turn up number of voices to 128 again, cause alot looks like it have nothing to do with the real problem

It doesn't feel so believable to reinstall game again just to use blizzards online install files a last time? or do you believe it could be worth trying? you who read this will know better

Or i may reply on blizzards mail now...:mask:

8. Kloppstock

Kloppstock New Member

Good day 3 years later

The problem persist, and i even have a new soundcard Sound Blaster Z,
    Heart of the swarm solved the problem..for the heart of the swarm campaign,
    but strangely it didnt fix wings of liberty campaign.

I have for the third time posted a report at battle.net forum, but people don't bother to respond there still,
    i wonder if this problem is enough for send a support ticket instead,
    do you think its motivated? thei will probalby just say that i shall make sure i have the latest
    driver for my soundcard...instead of creating a fix

My new video showing exactly that its the transmission that cuts the music
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvFLI9pZ0fY

Any new ideas?