1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think this could work?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Alsojames, Jan 8, 2011.

Do you think this could work?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Alsojames, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Alsojames

Alsojames New Member

(only against dumb people, but sure)

Build a base extremely clustered together, then build a mothership. Cloak all your important buildings and units (warpgate, stargate, nexus, etc) and destroy what isn't cloaked. Type in 'has left the game' so it says -playername-: has left the game. Your opponent, thinking he;s won, leaves.

I've heard this worked from a friend against one idiot, but I'm not sure. What do you think?

2. Stirlitz

Stirlitz Member

Greece
    If it works then the opponent deserves a mention in the guiness book of records for stupidity, lol...

When your enemy leaves his buildings remain. Also the mothership is visible and agressive and finally when you're the only player left the game ends anyhow with a win message :p

Still, I laughed iRL at the thought of this happening :p (Here I originally typed "the possibility of this happening" but realising there's next to no such thing, I edited my phrase, lol :p)

3. Makki

Makki Member

Denmark
    HAHAH awesome! but eerh what if you were revealed and you used your mothership to cloak the 1 pylon that you had left... then he couldn't see it right?

4. Galaxy.ein

Galaxy.ein New Member

Just choose Terran, copy paste a fat error message at the very beginning of the game, then load your scvs into your command center, lift, and go to a corner and wait.

5. Stirlitz

Stirlitz Member

Greece

ahahahhahahahahhahaha, lol, I imagine someone falling for this, hahhaha

6. Maxxpowa

Maxxpowa New Member

Lol, that would be annoying - your opponent would scout every base like 5 times and probably still not realize what happened.

Id love to see a replay of this if anyone does it.

7. Galaxy.ein

Galaxy.ein New Member

I tried it once (custom game), and it didn't work...but I was able to beg my way back into the game. I got like 5 minutes to rebuild and it still wasn't enough, and I kept delaying and begging until after an hour I convinced the person to leave the game and let me win. I don't have the replay though. Forgot to save. I feel a little bad because the person was upset at me for trying to trick them lol. If my friend wasn't there with me I wouldn't have been so lame, but it was funny at the time.

Someone on youtube pulled it off in a ladder game. Can't find the link...but the game lasted like 15 minutes or something. Their opponent was just confused and running all over the map until they gave up. I think it was gold league.
    Nvm: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gdoLf1PIDg

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  8. Stirlitz

Stirlitz Member

Greece
    Loved the fact that he scouted the whole map and didn't find a base, then moved on to expand and teched to thors, which he in turn massed before leaving... lol

9. BlueIron

BlueIron New Member

Teton county Idaho
    Yet another reason Terran is op lol

10. cHowziLLa

cHowziLLa New Member

Montreal
    Isn't your opponent gonna see the Mothership? try to kill it, and just end you?

If you want a good one: What you do on a 4 player map, is make 1 scv, send him in a far hidden corner of the map where he wont be found. save up 400 minerals. Make a CC. Place all your other scvs exactly like they were at the beginning when you start the game (lined up on the side of the CC). Lift your 2nd CC and hide it in the corner of the map, and act as if you are afk. He will end up killing your first CC and stand there like "WTF?", he's gonna think theres a bug, and leave on his own. This worked in platinum.