1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flash Game Making PLEASE HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Computer Tutorials' started by Trooper_Lozer, Dec 10, 2007.

Flash Game Making PLEASE HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Computer Tutorials' started by Trooper_Lozer, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Trooper_Lozer

Trooper_Lozer New Member

Hey, i am at school very bored in my computers class because i bassicly can do most of the stuff in that class effortlesly. of course i am a freshmen and i still am a noob, but i am a better noob. anyways, my real question is how do i make a flash game? me and a couple of friends have been trying to figure it out for about a week, and we are very happy with our eforts. Mainly i want to make a tile based game, and i have been reading online alot about game making and several tutorials. So if anyone can offer advice, tips, or any other usefull information it would be very much apreaciated. ;D

I was also hoping that if we do make a game, and it would probably take a while... That i could upload it to this site for the arcade section! That would be really kool in my opninion.

Game Help:

Type: Side Scroller Action/Quest
    Multimedia Flash 8.0
    One hero, and two to three enemies per room. Items, and attack option.

If you have any ideas for the game: item types, animations, hero graphics and enemy
    graphics, etc... please post. Thank you! ^_^

2. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    I can help with item types or anything else involving game concepts (not storyline or graphic design, thank you) which basically means item types, character descriptions, enemy FAQs, and effects/level layout (not design, i can be like "put an elevator here and a warp cannon here [random idea: shoots you in to a warp-time continuum and you can pop out on the other sides of things, depending on the cannon strength. you die if you reappear inside of a wall or something]) whew. PM me if u want my assistance.

3. longlivefenix

longlivefenix New Member

i think that u should use the portal gun in your game

4. Trooper_Lozer

Trooper_Lozer New Member

ya that would be pretty good! but do u guys know the code?? lol thats so hard to get, ive been reading alot and i got some of it down. problem is i am used to java, not flash. and its not sooo diferent just minor, but still enough to throw me off.