1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to fend off early rushes as a protoss

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Strategy Discussion' started by Undertaker, Jun 21, 2012.

how to fend off early rushes as a protoss

1. Undertaker

Undertaker New Member

well i have been having a hard time fending off rushes as a protoss , if the game takes a longer path i 80% of the time win but if i am rushed i mostly lose or i am kept under pressure then lose :(

2. Undertaker

Undertaker New Member

i have been successful if i go zealot rush i have been winning however i dont like cheese i can develop my abilities however in bronze league if you go standard protoss build order most of the time the other opponent is in your base :( bronze ftml

3. Makki

Makki Member

Denmark
    So you are bronze... then theres alot to improve on... can you give an example where you lost?
    triple-dot ftw...

4. Undertaker

Undertaker New Member

i have been placed in gold in 3v3 in a group and 4v4 random platinum however i am by no means a platinum player am a good player know the basics but not yet proficient in my micro especially.

i would give example if am going two base 4 gate and robo my portoss oponent is most of the time faster i have followed the traditional 9 pylon 12 gate and etc... in bronze most of the time either i get charged with terran scv which most of the time i cant fend off early in the game or zerglings and if i invest in cannons by the time i have put cannons my macro is way behind my opponent.

5. Lynq

Lynq New Member

UK
    I have recently been placed in bronze and I can totally sympathise, I used to be in platinum after a long break.

The only way I found to fend off these horrible rushes is to create a really tight choke point and making sure you get one zealot and a sentry out as quickly as possible, this allows you to forcefield the choke and block with the zealot.

Now I have started to get my macro back on track I am having an easier time with these early rushes, keep up your macro heavily and make sure you do not let them get near your SCVs. Soon you will overwhelm the majority of bronze players.

Good luck!

6. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    Undertaker, you really need to work on your forge fe then. Get the timing down pat, and run your probes around if they run in. If you see them coming then set a couple of probes on your ramp so the lings cant run past the cannons. If you can beat their cheese, then you are way ahead of them macro wise, or you should be anyway. It's very easy to transition to something else with a forge fe build.

7. Cheeponoz

Cheeponoz New Member

There are multiple ways to defend a rush, you just have to scout it. The safest builds are a 3 gate expand. If you pump out early units, it has the same power as a 4 gate for the first few minutes.

Another safe build is the forge fast expand, but this is only viable vs zerg players.