1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to fight VOID RAYS as Terran

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Pfr3sh, Aug 9, 2010.

How to fight VOID RAYS as Terran

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Pfr3sh, Aug 9, 2010.

1. DREAD

DREAD New Member

Las Vegas
    Or stemed marines will do the job =)

2. leon

leon New Member

south Africa
    you say there is 50 voids, wouldn't 5 seeker missiles do damage then finish with dancing vikings?

3. Lewan

Lewan New Member

Dude marines slaughter void rays, nuff said. Getting Terran air units aren't really necessary in the early game unless your doing a banshee rush or something. A group of marines can slaughter 2 void rays in seconds :)

4. Alsojames

Alsojames New Member

This. In a game earlier today my teammate got voidrushed and I owned the rays with about 20 marines with shields.

5. Sage

Sage New Member

Not sure if this was mentioned but EMP. One or 2 EMP rounds into a group of voids will knock the sheilds out and stim marines will clean up nice.
    On a side note i played a 4on4 match were 2 of the players did mass voids and put them together...when everyone clashed i dropped a nuke (mostly trying to get the voids to pull back so we could regroup) but they didn't see it or something....no more mass voids after that, sooooo much fun to watch when it actually hit.

6. Stirlitz

Stirlitz Member

Greece
    Such nukes are incredible, idd!

Though in regard to VRs, I think that when they reach a certain critical mass there's very few unit mixes that can deal with them.

I once tried a 200/200 push with only VRs in a FFA game, and upgraded them to 3/3/3. They were enough to wipe out 2 players sitting at maxes and even a terran that had tons of marines didn't do much cause VRs can stack on air, while marines need to move to get in range, and they were dieing so fast that the front row of marines only got a single shot off(if it managed to) before being replaced by the second row...

7. Vulcan

Vulcan New Member

Tasmania
    The key is to not let them reach a critical mass. It's not easy to do in 4 vs 4 as ther's so much other stuff to account for, but in 1 vs 1 it is.

8. Raynor

Raynor New Member

Hah, that reminds me of when I played a 4v4 me and my team decided not to rush. They had like 2 Zerg players, a Terran, and Toss. The protoss was going void rays and since most of my team had ground heavy units all of their players gave their resources to the protoss to mass void rays out of like 5 stargates and just blew us away.

To get rid of them in like 1v1 you really need to get marines though. If they are rushing then just get 2 maybe 3 barracks. Have a tech lab on one with reactors on the others only producing marines. Research stim pack and do not attack until stim is done. You should easily win. Later in the game when you get air then vikings would be very good since they can chase the void rays out of the base.

9. ImLikeYes

ImLikeYes New Member

Honolulu, HI
    I've never had a problem using just marines and medivacs just to kill any number of void rays. Usually if someone is massing that many they forget about upgrades which I always do with marine shields and stimpacks. Other then that you should be able to attack them WAY before they mass that many units to even have to attempt to defend yourself.

10. Shaithis

Shaithis New Member

As others have said, stimmed, upgraded marines, medivacs, plus a few vikings. If they pre-charge, it can still be difficult as their deeps is amazing. Their armor is paper, so EMP works wonders as well.

11. TerranGod

TerranGod New Member

pretty much what everyone said.
    marines. vikings. boom.

12. winsenken

winsenken New Member

Thanks for your sharing~~~:twitcy:

13. olmaster

olmaster New Member

Netherlands
    Agree..
    If you let your opp army grow till 50 voidray's yr dead anyhow. You need to team up and do your scouting. Play as a team. As soon as someone sees Stargates make counter units like T Vikings + rines. Z build some Corruptors an Hydra upgraded. Keep scouting as they can change tech and keep all voids inbase untill they reach higher numbers. If you harass early they have to somehow react to it and will be delayed further.:rolleyes:
    Most teamgames are not played like a team and all go there own way.

14. cHowziLLa

cHowziLLa New Member

Montreal
    if you let your opponent get 50 void rays, something is wrong.

fungal growth on the voids.. gg owned, transition into hydra roach
    storm, phoenix, stalkers owns voids
    marine viking thor with a hunter seeker missile its gg.

there has to be a point where you know he is just going voids, which gives you time to tech to the correct composition.