1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infester Inspector

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by freedom23, Mar 4, 2009.

Infester Inspector

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by freedom23, Mar 4, 2009.

1. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

Have you ever tried or imagined yourself wearing a blinker??

Spore cloud is an ability that blocks the line of sight in a specific area. Theoretically it is the new dark swarm imo.

2. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    only to some degree.

but yes, it is basicly the "replacment" for DS.

but i can also see that tihs could be used in so many different ways.
    you could put ur lurkers right behind it and since they have seige range they can hit targets and stop a tank push unless they have mass air units to get that sight range back.

3. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

Right now, lurkers would definitely be the one benefiting this skill the most, but I really haven't got any idea how far does the visual range decrease from the targeted area/units. For this to work, this spore cloud should have a huge area of effect like the DS, and the visual mechanic should cut 30-50% of the enemies vision. In this way, the hydras and roaches could also post a threat on the clouds.

4. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Hydras would probably be one of the most benefiting units for the Zerg. From what we know, Air units are basically the counter to these Clouds, so a Ground unit with a strong Anti-Air attack would probably work the best.

5. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    Well this would also work when attacking an enemy fortification. (mostly Terran if not only Terran)

U would make a bunch of clouds right before the enemy so that the seige tanks didn't have the range they used to so lings can get right in the front lines without losing as much as one HP.

This would force terran to make a few banshee's and put them at all of their out posts against Zerg. Of course then u counter this by making lots of currupters and killing everything and then morphing the currupter into the brood lord when they come at u with lots of marines. Then the brood lords hatch and spells doom for the player.

6. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Haha, I like the way you think. With Air units being the counter to the Spore Cloud, using the Spore Cloud with a substantial Anti-Air force could easily whitewash certain defences. Against Terran, however, care would have to be taken with their Scanner Sweep and Radar Towers, because we don't know how they'll work with Spore Cloud.

7. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    True but it will still be very useful. Think of how the Thor is suppsted to kill off mutas and masses air units primarily Zerg, not think about a cloud that allows you to attack without it seeig them and with correct micro your mutas would rarly be hit.

Also they come around the same time (at da lair)

8. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Well the thing with the Thor would be that it's Anti-Air range is massive, so it could defend its Air units from quite a way away. The problem is that an Air unit would only have to have visibility over the Cloud to nullify it, and doesn't have to be directly over the top, meaning they could be almost unreachable if they're defended with Thors. The trick I see here is to take care of the Thors with a Neural Parasite or two. Granted you can get close enough, and you'd only really need a minor attack to distract them to do so, this is shaping up to be one hilarious tactic.

9. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    Hence sneaking closer and closer with more and more clouds blocking lots of LoS. There fore you can charge in with anything you want, it may be lurkers or nuts harras or NP it doesn't matter. It will still be a very useful mechanic, and I now see why blizz put it into the game. But since the enemy would be forced to transferr forces over to air tech you could easily witch to ground and run them over with such an imense number of lungs that they would need lots of battle curisers with the spray (if that's still in re game) to defend against it.

10. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

I wonder how wonderful Heat seeker missiles would do against that spore cloud? Spider mines will really be missed here. One thing though that is good about starcraft is they never waste their ammo. The concept of attack ground was not implemented in SC and probably will not ever be considering how much it could ruin the games balance.

Now zerg is really becoming hideous and harder to micro... good thing they added that unit tabbing mechanic on the game. As it is already too hard to control zergs army, or its just me. Back to the infester, I just hope that this coming conference will further balance the unit. and do something about the infested terran skill as its just so questionable right now.

11. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    Yea I'm guessing that once the 09 blizz con comes people will start to have somethig to talk about again and I think that maybe there will be some new changes to the Zerg, the infester will probly have some different ability (maybe) the roach I hope will have changes to.

I think that posibly the queen might even be changed once again because it seems that the infester, queen, and overseer are the 3 most changed spell casters (I think there only spell casters) and for units the roach is probly the one unit that people are having problems with.

12. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    BloodHawk and EatMeReturns like this.
  13. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    I'm so sad. Also, when the **** was I in to my little pony?!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    BloodHawk likes this.
  14. crunchyg

crunchyg Administrator

Because?

EatMeReturns likes this.
  15. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Because of how incredibly dead this place is. Also, I was NOT expecting a response whatsoever.

BloodHawk likes this.
  16. crunchyg

crunchyg Administrator

Do you think it might be incredibly dead because the moderators stopped posting anything worth reading?

17. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    IIRC this forum was very user-driven; moderators didn't really have to force the quality content flow. It just came.

18. crunchyg

crunchyg Administrator

OK whatever you say.

19. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Did aurora ever get in touch with you about an offer?

20. crunchyg

crunchyg Administrator

Huh? No, I'm pretty sure he was just blowing smoke out of his ass.