1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joneagle_X Beta Question Thread

Discussion in 'StarCraft II Beta' started by MeisterX, Feb 23, 2010.

Joneagle_X Beta Question Thread

Discussion in 'StarCraft II Beta' started by MeisterX, Feb 23, 2010.

1. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Simple really, you push my same build but instead of building your 2nd Marauder you build the Nuclear silo deally and you go with a Ghost. This gives him enough time to generate mana for 2 EMPs on the Toss's first (if they're going with a late-early game push) push.

2. PANDA

PANDA New Member

As far as I can tell, the discussion on Leagues/Divisions kind of died. One question of mine remains unanswered:

How does one move from one league to the next? I.e. If I was in Bronze League 1 Bar (sorry, I don't know the correct terminology for this), How long do I have to be in a 1st place/top X rank to move to Silver, etc?

3. marcusrodrigues

marcusrodrigues New Member

Brazil
    I don't think anyone knows the formula, but as far as I can tell, it is not just about winning and standing on top, but also improving your gameplay. Not having idle workers, units, not amassing unspent resources, good micro and macro etc. I had several friends win 5/5 in placement the same as me, and they got Bronze while I got Platinum. I think skill has a lot to do with it, a lot more than wins or losses.

4. PANDA

PANDA New Member

Wow! Really! That's certainly interesting...I may be stuck in Bronze forever T_T

5. BambooPanda

BambooPanda New Member

+1

I noticed this as well.

Before I ever started playing the game, I watched a crap-ton of replays on Youtube so when I started my placement games I had an above-average handle on build order and macro. I was subsequently placed into Silver league and spent the remaining time period until the next reset getting thrashed and hovering in the bottom of my division.

After the next reset, I was placed into Silver again but this time around it was a more fair placement as I slowly moved up and down the 30th - 50th rankings.

I finished phase-2 at 9th in silver 1v1, and in silver 2v2 I was 1st in division. In underfavored matches, I was playing against Gold and Platinum players. When the real launch happens, my expectation is that the matchmaker/AI will place me into Gold this time around based on my macro and micro.