1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My graphics card and/or memory card problem

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Meyerm, Sep 20, 2011.

My graphics card and/or memory card problem

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Meyerm, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Meyerm

Meyerm New Member

Mar Sara (kidding), Chicago
    Okay so here's basically what happens. Last christmass I got a new graphics and memory card for my computer. They work fine and have allowed me to play many of the new, 3d top of the line games with ease. However, cutscenes for these games and graphics for any older 2d games have been glitchy since. What happens is whenever there's a sudden change of scene, tiny little rectangular "windows" display whatever was orignally there for a little bit and then go away. A visualization would be a white piece of paper with a bunch of straight pencil lines randomly across the sheet as remnants of the last scene, and the pencil lines dissappear on their own after a while a few at a time. I can get the names of the models of graphics and memory cards later, but for now can anyone isolate this problem as being graphics or memory, and if so is there a solution?

2. Shadow[E]

Shadow[E] Moderator

Mass
    I have the same problem when I play the old SC.

What games are you trying to play?

It doesnt bother me much, so I never paid attention to it.

3. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Woah shadow still here.

As much as I'm for expecting the most from your purchases that you spent your hard-earned cash on, I ackowledge that old games and new hardware don't go together. There is some backward compatibility, but it's inevitable to bump into the odd game or two that refuses to work properly. If you really want to play them for nostalgia I would suggest you buy an old computer for a very modest sum of money. Unless you're into driver/registry changes and other minor hacks that will run your game but make your system unstable.

4. Shadow[E]

Shadow[E] Moderator

Mass
    Kuv,

Good to see you. Yeah Im back, trying to integrate SC back into my life of school and parties.

+1 for Kuv's post, I agree.

5. Meyerm

Meyerm New Member

Mar Sara (kidding), Chicago
    Oh. Well it's not a serious problem, just annoying at times. I guess I can manage.