1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help With Map

Discussion in 'Maps and Replays' started by Chainedsniper, Dec 24, 2008.

Need Help With Map

Discussion in 'Maps and Replays' started by Chainedsniper, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Chainedsniper

Chainedsniper New Member

Ok well, Im trying to finish an old map I started a while ago, its a combination of Buu's Arena, and Dynasty Warriors (Dont ask lol, Ill tell you in full detail of it, if I can finish)

But I have a problem, I have 2 sides supposed to be having a war (like dynasty warriors where they mass units at each other and meet at the middle and have a war) For some reason, everything I try they wont, Some units will fight, but mostly they will just pass each other. Can anyone help? Ive tired "Order", "Run Script" etc, btw, I have X-Tra Editor (it was one my friend told me to get)

2. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    Well, i'm sorry i don't know about X-Tra but in StarEdit atleast you can make a location behind both teams and tell the opposite one to attack to location with a trigger.

3. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

Okay! Just make sure you have it set so that the computers are hostile to each other. Are you done making sure that all computer players are hostile to their counterparts? Right! Now refer to your locations where the units spawn (if they do) and take note of their names.

For each location, have the trigger conditions be like so:
    Make sure that no other triggers are constantly firing off move orders.

4. Chainedsniper

Chainedsniper New Member

I think this may of been the problem, thanks guys, Ive been trying that but they wouldnt all attack, Ill try fixing it, and give an update.

5. ZelashOculah

ZelashOculah New Member

Over There
    Hello I too have map difficulties. im tying to create a micro map (with bases not just units) and when i try to evolve lurker aspect for the zerg, I gett booted from the entire game itself and am left on the computer desktop (plz help me I'm at 50%, meaning im almost done player settings) i've done all I could've but to no extent nothing has happened or change, the problem still persists. A solution would be most appreciated.

6. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
    its may be from a bug, either reinstall SC or just update

7. KyukiPwns

KyukiPwns New Member

Well did it fix your problems by reinstalling SC or the map editor?

8. ZelashOculah

ZelashOculah New Member

Over There
    I just logged in today and I haven't bothered to check ever since i got latest patch. considering that I abondoned it because I couldn't figure it out. thx I'll try it out to see if it happened. and just to put it out there this bug was caused by a change in the lurker aspect research time.

9. ZelashOculah

ZelashOculah New Member

Over There
    I also have other maps in progress for both starcraft and warcraft }I{ if you have any questions plz feel free to ask me.

10. Arvendragon

Arvendragon Member

Canada
    Please don't double post. There's an "edit" button.

And once your done, I'd like to try them out.

11. KyukiPwns

KyukiPwns New Member

Do you use SCM Draft, I would suggest getting use to that. Probably the best they got..

12. Hayden351

Hayden351 Member

I've always wondered how you made units pop up where a unit was previously?

13. ZelashOculah

ZelashOculah New Member

Over There
    sry first time on a forum to be honest and thx for the replys. I would like an opinion on my maps thx:).
    so heres a spoiler on one of them. (Wc}I{) Base TD - you basically have a base to defend and you must build towers to defend it, you get money from gold mine and creeps(you only get one worker each boss you defeat) and you also get to make units to defend the base. (has no air tho) there are ten waves about four levels each wave and each wave has a boss at the end level.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  14. Hayden351

Hayden351 Member

ahhh i don't have BW.
    I want it so bad but won't play it after Sc2 comes out.

15. Arvendragon

Arvendragon Member

Canada
    lol

Spend $15.

Popup:
    Players: Player
    Conditions: Current Player Brings one "X" to "Anywhere"
    Actions: Move Location "Spawn" to all "X" owned by "Player" at "Anywhere"
    Remove one "X" for current player at "Spawn"
    Create one "Y" for current player at "Spawn"
    Preserve trigger.

16. ZelashOculah

ZelashOculah New Member

Over There
    I also have two different types of altered maps with two versions each so you can play singleplayer or multiplayer. map 1 Terran get x4 stats Protoss gets instant build Zerg gets 4/unit costs. second map switch so terran gets cheap toss gets x4 zerg gets instant. those two are actually done and i've got two sc maps and one campaign in progress - map1.The Alliance map2.Nuclear Combat campaign1. Project Zephon. plz private message me if you wish to hear a description or you wish to have a copy of some of my maps.

17. ZelashOculah

ZelashOculah New Member

Over There
    I'm back with some more questions about map making...

1- What tileset should I use for a map that takes place on Umoja?
    2- in really popular rpg maps where you have one guy and he starts at like 2% health, but as he levels up he gets a higher health, how can i do this? i ask cause it could be very useful to have a level up system of some sort in survival maps or something.
    3- i have a boss battle in one of the maps but I'm wondering, how do i make it so then the unit that is used as the boss, run away and throw illusions at you then returns later to beat you up more?
    4- what triggers are used for king of the hill? I'm doing something like it but with multiple areas

18. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    These are all very complex answers. It would be better if you fiddled around with the triggers for a while until you fully understood them, then found a way to combine the triggers to achieve what you want. If you want somebody to show you how to write a large chunk of triggers, you might as well ask "does somebody who knows triggers want to work on my map with me?"

19. zhengwei

zhengwei New Member

I like the game, It would be better if you fiddled around with the triggers for a while until you fully understood them, then found a way to combine the triggers to achieve what you want. If you want somebody to show you how to write a large chunk of triggers, you might as well ask "does somebody who knows triggers want to work on my map with me?"

20. ZelashOculah

ZelashOculah New Member

Over There
    I need a really wide staircase on a jungle terrain map for the temple wall, i tried to do this but the staircase in the game is just too small to make it look good as any bigger, well i got close to making a one but it just seriously doesn't look right. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated ^u^