1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new PvP build

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Strategy Discussion' started by cHowziLLa, Oct 31, 2011.

new PvP build

1. cHowziLLa

cHowziLLa New Member

Montreal
    Sup crafters,

I have started my season 4 1v1 matches pretty strong 9-3 so far. I had about 3 PvP matches all won with this very strong build.

I noticed that all Protoss players favor stalkers, and stay away from stargate openings due to stalkers. I discovered a new opening that's very dangerous and versatile.

my build is: 2 gate 2 robo for zealots and immortals + observer, with the increase range on the immortals, makes them very effective against sentries/stalkers, zealots to take care of zealots. chronoboost up to 4 immortals.

Obviously, you are vulnerable to air units, but you gotta somehow make sure he isn't going stargate but most often in PvP they don't.

good against:
    1 gate expand
    3 gate expand
    3 gate blink
    3 gate robo
    4 gate if done well with proper micro
    dt rush or dt build

weak against:
    chargelots and archons (FYI, archons take little to no damage against immortals!)
    stargate untis.
    cheese.

If somehow your opponent holds you off with sentries or something, simply harass his front, prevent him from expanding while expanding yourself. You will then be able to double pump colossi and end the game. At the start, you don't get gas deprived which gives you the flexibility to transition to colossi easily, but you still need to get your 3rd and 4th gas pretty fast because you want some stalkers with your army or get charge for your zealots.

TIP: For all protoss players!!!!! change your hotkey for immortals to 'R' rather than 'I' this makes a HUGE difference when producing immortals and prevents you from lifting your hand away from the left side of your keyboard. Makes it easier to macro.

(edit) harass: while you are trying to macro, at this point you could be racing for army size. Make a warp prism, and load it up with 2 immortals and snipe as many buildings. You guys probably know, immortals take down buildings extremely fast.

Things to snipe:
    1. latest tech building (dark shrine, robotics facility, stargate)
    2. forge that have upgrades
    3. artosis pylon (a lonely pylon that is powering a bunch of buildings)
    4. cybercore
    Note: straight up pylon sniping is very effective as well, because you can do it a lot and quick.

Give it a try, leave me some feedback

GL HF

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  2. Makki

Makki Member

Denmark
    ok

3. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Sounds decent. But I must add though that P players are catching on to how good immortals are really slowly. Most of them are reluctant to get 5+ immortals against mass roach just because they can't get out of the habit of stalker colossus. This build must be really hard to do for most ;)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  4. cHowziLLa

cHowziLLa New Member

Montreal
    That's why its my PvP build, not PvZ ;)

you can match an immortal per 2 stalkers he might have in PvP
    for every immortal, the zerg will have 3-6 roaches in PvZ which doesn't work
    you can have almost have the same amount of stalkers as roaches.

that's why you dont see too many immortals in PvZ

I think the only hard part is making the build tight, which is important since you are chronoboosting immortals rather than warping units. Gotta find your sweet spot to pump as many units as possible.

PS: I added another thing that can be done with my strategy

5. cHowziLLa

cHowziLLa New Member

Montreal
    I decided to try it out in a PvZ match (not ladder) and I got mangled.

I tried again going 1 gate 2 robo 1 stargate and i got destroyed

I tried one last time 2 gate 1 robo 1 stargate and it was awesome
    --> go for zealots immortals and 1-2 void rays
    --> this is more of an all-in build

6. tomjjlcu

tomjjlcu New Member

Sounds decent. However I must add though that P gamers are catching onto how good immortals are actually gradually. Many of them are unwilling to get 5 immortals against mass roach simply because they cannot get free from the habit of smoking of stalker colossus. This build should be really difficult to do for many