1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Optimal worker count per base?

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Strategy Discussion' started by PRUSSIA, Aug 4, 2012.

Optimal worker count per base?

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Strategy Discussion' started by PRUSSIA, Aug 4, 2012.

1. PRUSSIA

PRUSSIA New Member

Tarsonis
    This has probably been posted somewhere before in ancient history, sorry if that is the case (I'm new here).

So I've been doing some searching on the optimal amount of SCVs (probes, drones) and the opinions seem to wildly differ, from just 2 SCVs per mineral (16 per base, 22 including gas) to 4 per mineral (32 per base, 38 including gas). I've been using 2.5 as I'd always done in SC1...but it troubles me that more than a year after the game's been out there's still disagreement over this. I understand that past 16, you're getting less bang for your buck per worker as you approach saturation point. But what's the ideal? I mean, 16 just sounds way too few and I've never seen anyone go for 38 workers per base, that's just ridiculous. Essentially, what do the pros do? What should I do?

2. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    3 per min patch, 3 per gas. This is assuming your cc/hatch/nex is as close as it can get to the resources...

3. PRUSSIA

PRUSSIA New Member

Tarsonis
    Hmm, thanks. Maybe this'll improve my macro.