1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing better - 1v2AI (very hard levels)

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Strategy Discussion' started by JMASTERJ, Mar 6, 2014.

Playing better - 1v2AI (very hard levels)

1. JMASTERJ

JMASTERJ New Member

Hey all... I'm sure not many people play vs AI a lot, but I do because of limited time and also its nice to measure how much better you are getting since playing vs people are so variable in quality matches. Also this query is more about how to play better in general against tough opponents than ONLY to beat AI. I am sure many of u have felt when you play against impossibly good opponents, it feels like you are playing against 2 players at once, so I think this is great practice to get better quickly.

I am at a point finally, with good enough macro and ok micro, where I can beat any elite AI 1v1 with just rines and vacs only... all except the colossus aggressive build, I can only beat that with this composition if I attack early obviously, which I dont do because I still wanna work on my game.

So I stepped it up to explore other compositions by playing 1v2AI, and I can beat up to 2AI of harder, but as soon as I get to harder/very hard, I cant beat them, its just too much, as they dominate the map while I am building forces. Even on favorable maps for me, like Atlas station where I have 4+1 gold bases and need to only defend one choke, its still super tough as I hold off early attacks easy but by midgame they have taken over half the map already and I am still inside the choke. I am only playing vs 2 zerg right now because I have always found them the easiest to beat in 1v1.

Any suggestions on what I can do, if any of you have beaten them, in strategy? Should I do more early drops to harass, or just push out with MMM+tanks as soon as I hit 200 supply or..... I just feel like with their speedlings, my tanks seige a second too late and by the time they are doing damage, most of my bio has been decimated, and then the tanks will fall shortly after, game over.

Thanks!

2. Makki

Makki Member

Denmark
    I feel that playing versus AI can be good for practising macro and the basics of the game, but it bores me after a while. Thats why I dont play a lot versus AI, but its always possible to beat even multiple AI's easily using the photon cannon rush ^^ Thats probably not what you're looking for though :p

3. JMASTERJ

JMASTERJ New Member

Thanks.... but I only play Terran, dont have time to do other races when I already suck at Terran, LOL... and ya I dont want to do any cheese, this is for learning and my macro, harass, etc... I have finally beat insane AI by constant expo harass and then some drops in their main or primary expo area, since they always move the whole army together unless they get into a battle and start producing more units while still figthing, then they have them in 2 locations.