1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

POLL: Panic level when playing SC2

Discussion in 'StarCraft II Beta' started by Hodl pu, Jul 18, 2010.

?

What is your average panic level when you play SC2?

1. 1 I'm awesome, I'm focused every game.

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  2. 2 Just a little bit, but I still manage too keep my cool.

9 vote(s)
    31.0%
  3. 3 I panic sometimes, but I keep going even though I mess up.

11 vote(s)
    37.9%
  4. 4 Lots of times, but there are some lucky days.

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  5. 5 I forget everything I knew about SC2 once I enter a game >_>

2 vote(s)
    6.9%

POLL: Panic level when playing SC2

Discussion in 'StarCraft II Beta' started by Hodl pu, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

So just curious... What is the avg level of panic when you guys play ranked games? Now i'm not talking about friendly games with buddies, but ranked games against strangers.

Please pick your current AVERAGE level of panic based on your opinion.
    Then (if you're comfortable) please post your panic level with a short story of how it affected you :)
    I'll go first.

I would say mines is a 3, haha.

I remember one game, where I was so nervous that I lost because I completely forgot Hydralisks existed (opponent went stalkers).

Here is a list:
    - Accidentally binding drones,larva, or queens to my attack force
    - Completely replacing my attack force's key bind with something random like a spawning pool -_-
    - Forgetting about my rally points so I would suicide things like Overlords
    - And not realizing my worker rally point was still on my extractor, resulting in 4 or more workers on 1 extractor...

When I play with my buddies, I'm totally focused. I find it helps to play with my friends first and then ranked matches. Otherwise, I tend to forget what I was doing sometimes, haha.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  2. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

Not gonna answer cause not in beta, but still wondering from where to where the scale goes.

3. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

Sorry, didn't make the scale yet. They should be up now :)
    If you don't have the beta, feel free too comment on mine, or whoever posted.

4. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    3. I tend to be too panicked to stray from any basic builds, but not panicked enough to where I can't execute the basic builds well. I have yet to make any true effective use of most unit abilities in any ranked match.

With my friends, I would say either a 2 or a 4, depending on which friend.

5. the8thark

the8thark New Member

None of those points fit my level in SC2.
    I am more like - Cool and calm and not caring if I win or lose in SC2 multiplayer.
    I don't get ultra focused or very angry. Just very laid back and having fin playing SC2. Mind you single player is a different latter all together. I get really focused for that.

6. Bennybo100

Bennybo100 New Member

United Kingdom
    Panic level

I voted as a 4. Every single time I play 1v1's against friends i'm completely fine, I can micro, macro, and keep my hotkeys maintained well. As soon as I play a ranked match, well that's another story. I freeze up, lose my ability to macro so I have a couple thousand minerals in the bank, change all my hotkeys to stupid things like overlords and Drones, and end up sucking at micro. I suppose i'll eventually get used to the pressure, after thousand upon thousands of 1v1's =D.

7. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Heh, I'm probably a 1. But that doesn't mean I don't suck at the game, lol.
    There's a difference between being focussed, and actually playing well. ^^

Will take me quite a while to really master this game. Playing WoW has made me to lazy when playing against other people. Most players going player versus player seem retarded, tbh. Beating people with the best possible gear on with some crappy alt gets boring after a while, it makes me slack at other games as well. Good for staying calm, though. :/

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  8. VampireBob

VampireBob New Member

Oh thank god I'm not the only one. I voted 3 btw.

I was playing a ZvT (me being the Z) and my opponent went an late early game/early midgame push. I decided to use banelings w/ drop to deal a lot of damage, then mop up the rest with Roaches. So the attack comes, i have 3-4 Overlords full of Banelings, and a smallish Roach army. He meets my roaches in a narrow area with the cliff my base (and my OLs) are on one side and another cliff on his other side, it's perfect. His Marines start on my roaches and I fly my OLs right over them and start spamming the drop button, d, but nothings dropping. I do it again, and nothing drops. I look down to see I'm hitting 'f', then look up to see my last roach die, and then his marines FF my OLs down in about 2 sec. One baneling was dropped, I think it killed a couple marines. I lost.

9. sniper64

sniper64 New Member

Upper Michigan, US
    Wow, I thought I was the only one... This will sound really bad, but I am never nervous during sports games, tests, or women. On the other hand, I sweat like hell when playing sc and get so nervous, and I get nervous during movies... I know, weird right.

10. VampireBob

VampireBob New Member

For me it's to the point that I cannot have any caffeine. I get soo nervous and jittery when playing SC with caffeine. I feel that I'd die at a SCII Lan party.

11. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Good for you then, since retail sc2 won't have a LAN option. :p

12. Gforce

Gforce New Member

Im about a 2, its too much fun to stop anyway.

13. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    I played ranked matches all the time. I started out between 4 and 5 on the scale, but now I'm down to about 3. 10-pool ling rushes make up all but one of my 1v1 wins, however.

14. PANDA

PANDA New Member

I'm still pretty new to playing against stranger's builds (PCs are generally more predictable), so I'm still at the point where if something unexpected happens, I freak out a little bit.

15. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

Glad to see that many players get nervous during games, we're not alone!
    After every ranked match, I need to take a break to calm my jitters, haha.

16. domanz

domanz New Member

Same as hodl pu ^^ I make some errors, like forgetting to create a new rally point after a failed attack, or getting supply locked and stuff. I'm much more nervous than making errors, I think. And I'm still to unsecure to try out cheesy stuff, like overlord drops or a nydus rush. I always play pretty standard, and if my enemy does not, I'm quite off balance. I guess it's just a matter of getting used to, like talking in front of people. After every game, I shiver and swear not to play again :)

17. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    LOL this is the biggest load of bull I've heard out of 8thark yet.

I wouldn't say I get bad nervous. As long as everything is going to plan with my build order I'm pretty focused in every single game. It's when I can tell that it's a very critical time (i.e. my Reapers are about to jump up the enemy's cliff for a game-ending move) that my adrenaline starts going. I love that feeling, when you can feel your heartbeat in your fingertips.

Strangely enough I get this feeling just as much playing SC2 as I do in FPS games. Left 4 Dead when you're the last guy left sprinting for the safe room, it happens. :D

18. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    It's probably that relaxed feeling which prevents me from paying some proper attention. ^^

19. rui-no-onna

rui-no-onna Member

I'm extremely calm - mostly because I go catatonic. One reason why I've never played on Battle.net and just do multi-player LAN with friends and family. :p Wasn't lucky enough to get a beta key so this pertains to the original SC. :(