1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Salus Amicitia!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by markymark, Oct 17, 2010.

Salus Amicitia!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by markymark, Oct 17, 2010.

1. markymark

markymark Guest

Hey Everyone, just joined this forum thought I would take a couple minutes to introduce myself. First, let me explain my weird post title, apparently it means "hello friends" in Latin according to my brother. He's taking Latin, and thinks swearing at me in Latin is super funny (he told me to "Futue te ipsum" when I asked him to translate my post title)

Anyways, my name is Mark and I played the first StarCraft off and on since it came out in 98. Heard that the new one was in the works about a year back and was pretty stoked. Got it on the release date and played it pretty religiously for about a month, and then kinda was busy with other stuff. I love the game, I just have pretty bad game ADHD (even the best games only keep me interested for like a month max, but I come back to them).

So I joined this forum for 2 reasons:

1) I am starting to get back into StarCraft 2 after a little break and I need something to do when I'm at work :D

2) Just realized recently that some people treat this game like a science. I've never really sat down and analyzed this game in the way that some of you guys do. Just hope to pick up some tips and strategies from some players more knowledgeable than me.

2. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

Your sig makes me flyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

3. markymark

markymark Guest

It makes me fly too, haha. I watched it like 50 times in a row when I first found it.

What do you think about the Clausewitz quote? Provides a marginal amount of food for thought, no?

4. Cthulthu

Cthulthu New Member

SC2 is a science. Just not a great one.

5. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

Wouldn't really call it for thought, but it is still amusing, and, to large extent, true.