1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seradins Blizzcon 2009 Starcraft II Review

Discussion in 'Blizzcon 2009' started by Seradin, Aug 25, 2009.

Seradins Blizzcon 2009 Starcraft II Review

Discussion in 'Blizzcon 2009' started by Seradin, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    Seradin's Starcraft 2 Review
    First off this will mostly be my opinion and a lot of information about how my matches went during the 2 days that we had to play, I played the game constantly getting back in line to play again it was a amazing experience, the graphics were incredibly polished and it felt like i was in the world of Starcraft. Every detail stood out and i could still see and manipulate my units well in combat, at times with the maneuvers i made it felt like i was a pro-player.

[​IMG]

Zerg vs Protoss
    Most of my matches were Zerg vs Protoss because i love the protoss and i loved them in Starcraft 2, and my fighting partner was a fan of the zerg, and he was a beast at them let me tell you. I got beat about 10 times before i started to do any good because of the Zerg nydus canal. The canel only cost 100 minerals and can be places in just 4 squares of creep which a overlord drops instantly after only getting to tier 2. And once they make one in the back of your base that can constantly flood units in there and even if you destroy it the creep doesn't go away that quickly and they can easily just lay another one down. This was my greatest weakest and it took me forever to find a way to combat it. Eventually i decided i would get a army of stalkers to inc anything that comes in my sight and that worked well killing the nydus canals. I eventually got the warp prism (which its aoe pylon placing has been nerfed to a very small amount) and placed it in the back of his base warping in an endless amounts of stalkers, disrupters, and zealots and destroyed his main base only to find out he has 2 others and i only have a minute left.

Balance
    In my opinion the races are currently balanced in a Rock,Paper,Scissors like fashion as Protoss can beat Terran, but not Zerg and Zerg can be Protoss but not Terran. I found this to happen most of the time and i found a few that did agree with me. Alot of the time though i was guilty of staring at the art to long and didnt get anything done :p my best advice for playing Starcraft 2 is to Use all your minerals when they come to you and protect your expands. Map control is key.

Final Match
    It was the last match of the last day and i hadnt really beat this guy at all. he was terran this time and i was still toss so that odds might have been in my favor, but at the beginning he had the map control i tried to expand but he constantly sent marines against my defenses, marines are very powerful now and just a few of them can kill a cannon. I eventually using the dark pylon to get a edge worked until i got a strong force and used it for all it was worth. Stalkers and zealots and a few disrupters each upgraded atleast once. then he attacked my base with medivacs and i responded by using stalkers to kill the medicvacs and sending zealots against the Siege tanks and marines, using the disrupters to create force fields around the marines forcing them from running away from my zealots. This force was easily killed and after adding a few more units via the warp-in ability i set off towards his main base which i found hardly any protection but he did have several siege tanks lining its perimeter, i blinked my stalkers up there and killed the siege tanks quickly while my zealots charged up the ramp getting protection and extra fire power from the disrupters. eventually he had no more siege tanks and little forces and it was easy pickins from there. Sadly my 20 minute counter was running low and i did not have enough time to kill his entire base but i call that a win for me :p

[​IMG]

Art
    Starcraft 2 is a beautiful game, each unit each model is built with incredibly talent and ability. Its hard to not look at everything explode while your getting destroyed by banelings and its hard to take your eyes off the incredible building animations of the protoss :p. Also, if you spam clicked the SCV. itd say "Well butter my biscuit!"

Epic, Starcraft 2 is Epic and i hope you all get to play it soon. It was amazing and by far the best of show at Blizzcon. Even my dad, whose illiterate at most games found this one pleasing and managed to win a skirmish playing as protoss for the first time. I was amazing out intuitive it is and you cant say enough good things about the game!

Thanks for reading if you read and i look forward to working for you guys in the future. (I hope i didnt make to many grammer mistakes haha)

-Seradin

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  2. Supahboih

Supahboih New Member

Sweden
    I hate you
    I WANNA TAKE YOUR PLACE!!!!! :'(
    why can't I play the game D'x

well, it was a good read, only that I got jealous on you, who have played teh game:p

3. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    Great review. I hate to say it but it encourages me even more to play the game.

4. DeckardLee

DeckardLee Guest

Woohoo! Seradin's back! Thanks for these impressions, man. It's always nice to hear about this game.

One thing did kind of worry me though. You say your Dad beat someone even though he's bad at StarCraft and games in general? Was this person really bad or does StarCraft 2 make it too easy to play like you're above your skill level when compared to StarCraft: Brood War?

5. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    Oh trust me he was against someone around the same skill as him, lets just say i was astounded that he figured out the pylon mechanic.

6. ronin2011

ronin2011 New Member

holland
    I'm just crying..
    When r we gonna play the f***in beta?
    it's just not fair only a few to have the privilege of playing starcraft 2..!! loool

7. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    haha im sorry your right it isnt fair.. i dont like the fact that i cant play it anymore.. i got myself addicted lol i keep thinking new strategys and stuff and i cant even test them out.

I want this game!

If you guys have any specific questions about any of the protoss/zerg/terran units i might be able to assist you guys.

I did mess around with the Mothership and the colossus.

8. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    How big is the Warp Prism's new power radius?

9. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    Quite small actually, barely enough to warp in a lot of units at once. About half the size of the pylons radius i suppose, its hard to tell the exact numbers.

10. Higgs Boson

Higgs Boson New Member

Did you get to meet Joneagle?

11. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Wouldn't that be the same thing? lol and yes he did get to meet me. I had to sneak him in the door the first day. Didn't realize he had a whole posse but they let us in anyway LOL

12. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    Haha yeah it was nutty the first day, but we all got in and it was great. even got me a t-shirt. Pretty awesome guy i must say, though he got to play more SC2 then me which i might be a wittle jealous of ;)

But it was a great time and i cant wait till next years!

13. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    NEXT YEARS?! They better have released it by then. Haha. But seriously, nice bit of typing. And don't worry: Jon made about as much spelling mistakes as you did. ;)

14. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    I challenge you to find ONE!

15. Higgs Boson

Higgs Boson New Member

Well he's american so most of his writing is misspelled by default, but if you accept the american abomination of the english language as a valid language by which you could judge the validity of the text, the grammar and the spelling there are no real flaws.

16. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    That's what I thought. Hee hee. ;)

17. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Never mind, your whole first post is find. I also like the stats of the Marauder.

Second post: [hairsplitting] Larvea are spawned, not produced. [/hairsplitting]. Sorry... At least a Roach lost it's regen. Less hard to kill them that way. To be or not to be a hairsplitter...

P.S. : I take challanges way to seriously. Good thing I have never played truth or dare. Lol.

P.P.S. : You said "wow us". I thought you didn't like the idea of Warcraft in space? ;)

I really should stop adding stuff to this post. Pissing of the owner might be a bad idea. That's how I lost my last gf. Her dad didn't really like my sarcasm agains him. Hehe. It was totally worth it.

18. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

when you say the game is like a Rock,Paper,Scissors would you say its nearly hopeless for you to beat your counter? or just extremely hard at the moment? i dont think anyone wants to loose even before they start the match just because someone has your natural counter.

19. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    I doubt that will ever make its way into the final version. Hard counters in Starcraft are about as rare as a McDonalds with clean tables.

20. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Cept for the Siege Tank vs. Immortal. There's a hard counter if I've ever seen one. lol