1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shop Suggestions, Requests, and Comments.

Discussion in 'Forum Shop and Battle.Arcade' started by LordKerwyn, Dec 27, 2008.

Shop Suggestions, Requests, and Comments.

1. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    Ideas for the shop are starting to become scattered and fractured, and some threads that were once on topic for this have kinda gotten off track. So if anyone has any suggestions, requests, or comments about the shop please post them here in a concise way and I will try and make as many non-conflicting requests become a reality as soon as possible.

Also if anyone has any private concerns, requests, or questions I (and Jon also) would prefer if you PMed me first about your issue.

Finally, these do not nessecarily have to be new ideas, if there was something in the old shop that is no longer in the new shop mention it and I will see what can be done there as well.

2. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
    i was hoping for this thread
    the section has been cluttered with request/question threads lately

ill go first

psi emitter, uraj crystal, stasis cell, khardryn(?) crystal, disc, xel-naga temple collectibles

3. Mong0!

Mong0! Guest

The Overmind pet (only 1, ultra-rare)
    Rly dont think we need more...

4. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    Ok, on SMF, for giving minerals to people, there was a little mineral icon, right next to their avatar. I was hoping, maybe you could bring that back.

5. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    Ursa: I can get behind that idea but the first step would be getting 38 x 38 images to go with each of those items. So if you would like to help speed up the proccess can you find those images?

dark: I am pretty sure that was customized code created by the admin, but I will loook into it all the same.

6. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    Alright, thanks man, appreciate it.

What about sending people pet gifts?

7. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Are we still only able to have 8 pets showing?
    if so I would suggest expanding it to 2 rows for a total of 16 pets and/or an inventory system where we can choose what to show and what to hide as well as possibly the order.
    No rush since few people have pets yet.

Also please increase the number of the rare pets a tiny bit. It would be nice if the mothership had at least 8 of them. Having 3 of a collectable is fine though. Even having collectables with only one item in existance is fine with me.

8. Mong0!

Mong0! Guest

Just thought of this one, You get like, 1 mineral per minute or so that you write something into the chat
    :D
    whatayathink?

9. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    nay.
    That would make people spam happy.

10. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    Not sure if it fits here
    Disable mineral gain for having your thread viewed. Or cap it, but I'm sure that'd be harder to do

11. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    Having them viewed is fine, but it should be capped.

12. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Why shouldn't somone get points for an interesting thread?

13. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    That's why I suggest cap, the problem is getting ridiculous ammounts of minerals for a single topic. Especially if creator isn't even active anymore

14. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    I like that you get minerals for people seeing your threads. It's gives people an incentive to make good, meaningful threads that they know others would want to read.

15. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    You should get mins for good threads, but you shouldn't if the creator isn't very active, and the only reason you're getting minerals is cause the topic has fangirling in it. CoughLunacough

16. Darktemplar_L

Darktemplar_L New Member

Bay Area
    How about bonus minerals for every person that thanks you for a topic you have made?

Also, could we please lower the cost of everything? What if some people are on christmas vacation and they come back and haven't posted anything? And since we were all here, we start off with more minerals which can buy more things... It would also speed along the process...

17. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    A pet cerebrate.

the prices are fine you aren't meant to be able to get everything easily.

18. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    No darktemp, they prices have been lowered already. Overmind, the cerebrate should be a statue or something.

19. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    Without writing custom code, it is not possible to cap the minerals gained from thread views. Also, I agree with several of you that people should get minerals for popular threads. Right now the mineral gain from views isn't even that large, just to give you an idea Sc2 would not have yet made 50 minerals from the views of the forum rules, so it really isn't that much.

Back to the idea of adding new collectable items, personally I would have no problem adding lots of starcraft theme collectable items; but the biggest hinderance to that is a lack of images. So anyone wants to see a specific collectable in the shop you will greatly speed up the proccess by providing an image for the item.

Finally costs and quantitiies for collectables will be looked at on a case by case basis, as of right now though there is not many collectables that I would increase the quantity for (The Mothership being the exception, but I am still thinking on that one). Nor is there many prices that feel to far off the mark. If I were to mess with the prices again I don't think anything would get cheaper just more homogeneized.

-------

Now on a seperate note if some sort of tech system could be put into place, what would be your guys opinons on how it should work? Assuming no additional currency can be added, would you guys like it based off of Sc1 or Sc2? Assuming Sc1 could you guys provide a good image for every unit from Sc1? Assuming Sc2 would you want it to be seperate from the current buyable pets or maybe have the normal pets be based of the tech system? Any other thoughts on the subject?

20. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Explain first what mean by tech system