1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slashdot: Blizzard Q&A

Discussion in 'BlizzCon 2008' started by 10-Neon, Oct 15, 2008.

Slashdot: Blizzard Q&A

Discussion in 'BlizzCon 2008' started by 10-Neon, Oct 15, 2008.

1. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    Slasdot's questions answered. The SC2 stuff is toward the bottom of the article, second-to-last responder.

Some tidbits like the possible release of the editor with the beta, some discussion on DRM.

There is not much we don't already know, but it is nice to get a glimpse into the minds of the developers.

2. CommunitySC

CommunitySC New Member

The logic behind the 200 food limit is more in-depth than I had realized. I didn't think about the graphics implications, I thought their decision was simply gameplay-based.

3. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    hey thanks for this!! was a great read.

yeah imagine a limit of 300, thats a possiblity of like a billion units on the screen and would effect how lower systems can run it.

infact blizzard specifically waited for the technology to become available to do Starcraft in 3D.

4. zerodown

zerodown New Member

puerto rico
    people with wide screens can see a little more of the battlefield? how much is a "little more"? is that "little more" worth getting a wider screen?

5. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    that little more doesnt make you any better. Not like its gna turn the tide of war.

6. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova

congratz, with our wide screens, we can see more Fog of War. That's definately worth buying a new monitor screen. ;)

7. zerodown

zerodown New Member

puerto rico
    yeah you see more fog when the game starts, but later when you got a full base and a whole army and you got observer units around, being able to see farther on the screen could give you an advantage, even if its a tiny tiny advantage, it still is an advantage. Depending on how much is this "little more" you could be able to move your cursor to units and buildings without scrolling, in the middle of a battle its advantageous if you can see more as well...

Im sure this "little more" will be something insignificant, but its still there...

8. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Adjustable resolutions will also help with this. :D Thank God that SC2 will have adjustable resolutions so that I'm not constantly having to resize my screen when I exit. LOL

Also, we've known for a long time that the editor would be released with the beta.

9. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    On variable resolutions, think of it this way: while it might give a player with a wider screen, on battle.net, a tiny, tiny advantage, it will not be an issue in professional matches, where such an edge might matter, because they would all be playing on widescreen monitors.