1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*SPOILERS* One thing I did not understand

Discussion in 'Wings of Liberty Campaign Discussion' started by APXOHT, Nov 4, 2010.

*SPOILERS* One thing I did not understand

1. APXOHT

APXOHT New Member

Well, according to the original if you play only the Terran campaign, you will not understand anything from the story and what is going on, so I guess this is accurate for the WoL too. Many things are not explained and hopefully will be in the next two expansions, but how come the Xel Naga made an artifact, which it's main purpose is to transform infested terrans into normal (well, not completely normal) terrans again and then split this artifact into 10 pieces and spread it around the galaxy. Did they saw the future too and predict their extinsion, after all they were god-like (that sounded DotA) creatures, or the Overmind exlained to them what was the situation? Maybe Duran (Narud) or whoever is playing with the Hybrids put this artifacts' parts so that the terrans could neutralize the Queen of Blades, but then again why they themselfs don't use them and kill her for good? Maybe then Hybrids will reveal themself too early and the other fractions will defeat them? I hope this get explained too in the sequels because it is plain stupid, have Xel Naga ever met a human being? Rosswell, 1947, maybe?! :wacko:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  2. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

Well, presumably its the same reason the Xel'Naga built a temple that had to be powered by crystals that didn't exist yet to kill the zerg on that particular world (who didn't exist yet) (Brood War)

Or why the Xel'Naga created a creature that had to absorb protoss and zerg (who didn't exist yet) to become fully grown.

Maybe it's because of the whole cycle of time thingie that they could predict how the zerg turned out. The zerg would be part of the Xel'Naga of the next cycle, so they presumably were close to a creature of the previous cycle. As for de-infestating a human: The device could work on other infected creatures as well, just serving as a failsafe for the zerg.

3. toni

toni New Member

why did the xel naga created the zerg?

why did they created the protoss?

why did they left?

why are they returning?

why has raynor grown hair from original to sc2?

there are so many qestions that have not been answered but eventually will. i have faith that blizzard will reveal all answers in the next expansions and i know that if we stay saying why?, why?,why?, why?,why?, why?,why?, why?,why?, why?,why?, why?, and there would never be an end to it. we should just be patient. we HAVE waited 12 years for SC2, lets hold on a little longer :)

4. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

Actually all of those have been answered before the game was released:

the zerg and protoss were created to merge into a new Xel'naga race to preserve the cycle of time. the Xel'naga left because the zerg nearly exterminated them all and they needed to regroup, they returned to once more unify the zerg and protoss. Raynor always had short hair, but his portrait in sc1 was made with weird lighting and from a weird angle

5. Kimera757

Kimera757 New Member

The artifact was much newer than nearly anything else made by the xel'naga. That's probably a clue. In Twilight, it was vaguely explained that the temples that birthed energy creatures are "new", "wild" and "different" compared to other xel'naga stuff.