1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starcraft 2 Installation Error Code 5 (stops at 49%-51%)

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Tech Support' started by s2Blaze, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Starcraft 2 Installation Error Code 5 (stops at 49%-51%)

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Tech Support' started by s2Blaze, Sep 7, 2010.

1. hello Xev, i just purchased my copy a few days ago and have been struggling with this same exact problem ever since. I went through all of the steps found in the suport section for installation issues, but nothing seems to work. i attached the diagnostics with this post, but my computer is homebuilt...idk if that makes a difference.

Attached Files:

2. Coor

Coor Guest

Thank Xev, I'll give it a try. As for my model number its PSAA9C-TA902C.

3. THUNDERNUTS

THUNDERNUTS Guest

I had the same problem installing on my laptop, but my desktop installed it fine, meaning the disc was not damaged. I tried making an ISO of the disc on my laptop but that only got to 50%. I tried showing hidden files and simply copying the discs contents to my hard drive but that only got to 50%. What I ended up doing was copying the discs contents to a folder on my desktop, because it could read the disc, and downloading that folder onto my laptop via crossover cable. The install worked fine after that was complete. This is a handy solution only if you have access to a machine that will read the disc. Hope this helps.

4. thanks THUNDERNUTS...I will try to do the same thing as that. I'm installing into my other computer right now(hopefully it finishes), and if it works i'm going to try and transfer via thumb drive. I'll post the results.

5. Ethan8490

Ethan8490 Guest

Hey Xev i have the same problem on my Laptop the downloader stops at 51% everytime but i do not recieve any error messages it just stops and wont resume. I attached a copy of my diagnostics. If you could help i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks Again

Attached Files:

6. volts

volts Guest

same problem

hi Xev, i got the same problem but when i try to install the game from my cd i reach 88% then i get the code 5 error but when i try to download the game from battle.net i got the error at 51%.weird,huh?
    Anyway i hope you can help me.
    ps: thanks for helping so many people.

Attached Files:

7. elminster

elminster Guest

here my dxdiag,
    the installation fail at 51%

Attached Files:

8. TheXev

TheXev Active Member

Corry PA USA
    Since a clear pattern has been established as to this problem (faulty hardware that needs replaced), I will first explain how to find your own firmware, although I highly doubt that this will solve your problem!!!

I recommend downloading the entire client off battle.net after adding your product key to your battle.net account if you are getting this error! By the time you do all of the following, you could have very well of had the game installed and playing.

Make sure you remove the game disc from the drive before running the installer that you downloaded! The game will again attempt to install off the disc!

First, open your dxdiag.txt file that you have created. Then navigate to this section (example shown):
    First I'd like to note, that if you see "ATA Device" next to your hard drive, you may want to download and install your SATA/ACPI/RAID drivers. Now, locate the drive letter associated with your DVD drive, in this example it is "Drive D:". You will then see the "Model:" located on the next line. In this example the model is "ASUS DRW-24B1ST." This is uncommon to see the make in this list.

So now you know the model of your DVD. Take that and copy/paste it into an open Google window. You'll want to then add the word "firmware" to your search. In this example you would search for "DRW-24B1ST firmware".

After you figure out the manufacturer, it is best to go to their website and download official firmware. This is because lots of people like to modify firmware to do crap the average person would never do/need.

See how complicated that is? Screw that lets copy the install files using another computer! If you don't have another computer, just get on battle.net and start downloading the client files. If you have a backup USB hard drive, I would recommend downloading the files to that drive.

If you do not have the knowledge of computers to do the following, just download the client! It is too much effort to explain how to do this and will take too much time! You could have the client downloaded and installed by the time you get this all figured out!

You will need the following:

-StarCraft II installation disc
    -Empty flash drive (8GB or more, formatted exfat filesystem)
    -A computer with a working DVD drive

Once you have all of these things, make sure you have set "show hidden files and folders" set so you can see them. Then copy all of the files from the StarCraft II disc to your flash drive.

You must make sure "hidden files and folders" is set to enable! If they are not, you will not be able to see all of the files on the StarCraft II installation disc, and you will not be able to copy the huge files that are hidden on the disc.

Install off of flash drive on computer you want the files on, do not reinsert the original disc for any reason, it is not required to play the game!

I am now locking this thread because this issue is solved. If you have any problems after installing StarCraft II, please feel free to post your dxdiag (please post full 64-bit DXDiags if you havea 64-bit OS by clikcing the "run 64-bit dxdiag" button) in another thread and we'll work threw your problems!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.