1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

StarCraft 2 Is Now A Trilogy

Discussion in 'BlizzCon 2008' started by TychusFindlay, Oct 10, 2008.

StarCraft 2 Is Now A Trilogy

Discussion in 'BlizzCon 2008' started by TychusFindlay, Oct 10, 2008.

1. http://kotaku.com/5061980/starcraft-ii-single-player-is-a-trilogy

Good or bad?

Discuss.

-- Let me be the first to say .. I LOVE THIS IDEA!! I think it will make the story more epic in scope and make for a more fleshed out story. Also, this means that there will be more than one expansion.. HALLELUJAH!!!

"Blizzard Entertainment will release the StarCraft II campaign in three sections of roughly 36 missions each."

Source: SC Legacy.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2008
  2. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

Three different products as in... I have to buy ALL 3 to play the campaign? Or is all 3 provided separately....

3. Umm.. both?

4. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

What I meant was, provided in 1 box as in, all 3 discs included in 1 purchase.

5. Think Half-Life 2: Episode One and Episode Two.

The Terran campaign will be released first.. then.. likely.. a year later the Zerg campaign. and then.. you get the idea :)

6. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Which part of "separate games" don't you get? :D

@ Tychus: Care to elaborate on how this means more than 1 expansion?

7. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    @Hold Pu. Eh... What's the point of three discs if you get them in the same box? :p
    They will be released at separate times, each featuring about 26-30 missions instead of 10-12.
    I just hope that each game will be slightly cheaper than a regular PC game because of the slightly split content.

8. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

Ahh I see, makes much more sense now. Damn, I hope they are within a reasonable price.

@Everyone, haha, sorry. I was reading the comments on the article and got confused. People said different things without correcting each other. :p

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  9. I consider the first release the original.. We can argue abotu semantics but that's not the point of this thread.

Come on now people.. Are you really thinking that StarCraft 2 isn't woth 150$ or 50$ per campaign? I think you got it all wrong.. No other game is worth 50$ but StarCraft 2 is.

10. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    v_v sounds to me like its going to be a bit like what those producer did to half-life 2. GRR. fine, since it also sound like you are going to go threw the same story no matter which one you buy, as that buying the other 2 will just tell you what was going on in the other fractions mind, ill just buy the Zerg version, and call it good.

11. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

Actually no game is worth more than $50 for me, I'm on a tight budget. If the total cost does lead up to 70+ I'd rather wait until it gets old.

or just purchase one and play on the new battle.net only.

12. LanceLeader

LanceLeader New Member

Canada
    http://pc.ign.com/articles/918/918895p1.html

I just heard about this bizarre News, So each title will have the same content, map editor with all cut units and all three sides in skirmish, the only difference in content will be the campaigns?

How will this work??? I Hope they are not dividing their entire game into three pieces. Only the storyline. Seriously what the hell is going on here?

13. You guys mean to tell me that you don't think StarCraft 2 is worth the price of admission? Haven't you ever payed 50$ for a game AND NOT PLAYED IT FOR 10 YEARS? Those games are a waste of money.. not this.

14. ichangedmyname

ichangedmyname New Member

MIami
    I will be happy paying full price for the first one, but I don't want to pay an extra $100 after that for two more singe player campaigns.

This really doesn't make sense to me, the MP will have to be the same iteration to iteration meaning the Protoss and Zerg will come out years/months after the Terran one and have nothing new but single player campaigns. And they will have to charge $50 for it, since it will have the full MP- every new episode the existing players will be getting jipped on half of what they are paying for since you only need one of the trilogy to get the full MP.

15. All three are full stand-alone products.

16. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

I've turned down rare concert tickets to save my money for school supplies. Even now, I'm restricting my cash spending so I can buy a suitable video camera which I need for film making. So yes, I'm not in favor of a three separate story line. I'll just stick with 1 disc for a couple of years.

17. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    The toll of a free battle.net I guess. It's quite understandable that Blizzard wants money... they got used to having to shovel it away from the porch because of WOW.

18. Would you guys rather have 3 games or 1?

19. LanceLeader

LanceLeader New Member

Canada
    3 games in 1.

20. Well, maybe I'm the only one.. but I've always felt that I kind of cheated Blizzard when I got my favorite game of all time with free online play (Better than all others ... even those you have to pay for monthly) for ten years.. all for 50$.

This isn't one game boxed up into three seperate charges.. it's basically a trilogy except it tells the same story from a different angle.

I love this idea.. Why didn't I think of it before? Think about after StarCraft 2 and the expansion are finished.. What are you going to do then story wise and multiplayer wise? I always wished that we would get NUMEROUS campaign expansions.. This gives me that! THANK YOU BLIZZARD!