1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

StarCraft 2 Is Now A Trilogy

Discussion in 'BlizzCon 2008' started by TychusFindlay, Oct 10, 2008.

StarCraft 2 Is Now A Trilogy

Discussion in 'BlizzCon 2008' started by TychusFindlay, Oct 10, 2008.

1. We all know how the Protoss are with diplomacy :)

2. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    OMG terran stole zergs turn! it was zergs turn to go first! :'(

3. Terran are better to get a new audiance acquainted with the story and gamplay.

4. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    i still dont like this whole split thing, but i am going to hold back my final judgment, til they release some more info about this whole thing.

as for the zerg being Diplomatic, im just surprised, thought the zerg would have been more based around evolution, they most likely tried it, but didnt feel right for them.

5. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    well, it has been stated at every other article i've seen that the zerg campaign has a RPG thing going revolving around kerrigan, terran are have the upgrades and protoss have the diplomacy.

6. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    They stated that 25 hours of campaign time per section of the game.. thats 75 hours of god damn play time JUST on the campaign alone!!

This will truly be epic..

And we might get multiplayer much sooner!!

but what does this mean for beta will they announce beta tommarow or what?

7. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    I know that the 3-separate-game idea was the best Blizzard could do, but I dont like that terran is the first one. To put it simply, I hate terran, I always have. I've never had fun using them, and only ever used them so I could mess with nukes.

Sadly, Im in college and definately dont have the resources to burn $120 for the terran release and zerg release. So, Blizzard has left me with only 2 options.

1) Buy the original terran release, and then have to wait 2+ years til im out of college to have money to buy the second one

2) wait 4 months-1 year after everyone else to get the zerg story, and then get raped by everyother sc2forum member on b.net 2.0 due to having less experience

Either way, I dont like these options. :(

8. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    From what I've heard, they announced this in the most horrible way they possibly could have, with the possible exception of if they told everyone that there would only be the Terran campaign in StarCraft2 and that the Zerg and Protoss campaigns would be in StarCraft3 and StarCraft4.

Basically, they're just expansions. There'll be more content and, obviously, more campaigns. The only difference being that the racial campaigns are split between StarCraft2 and its two expansions as opposed to having three thirds. They shouldn't've said it's split, just that the others will be released in later expansions. (Assuming that I understood what I read).

9. You'll be getting mini-campaigns on top of all the user-created Protoss/Zerg campaigns :)

10. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Haven't you ever heard of a birthday or Christmas? Borrowing money? Sharing a copy with a mate?

Besides, it's not like you're burning all that cash at once. It'll most likely be over an extended period of time, so you can easily get the first when it comes out, save up a bit and easily have enough for the second release, save up a bit again and easily have enough money for the last.

Cheer up. I'm sure you'll still get the same experience as everyone else. In fact, isn't Kurai your sister or something? Or is that someone else? You could always mooch the game off of her.

11. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    I'm pretty sure that that'll be against the EULA. LFS has had a very similar system to what SC2 will use since forever, and the LFS EULA forbids sharing a single key online. It allows two people to use one key on a 2 player LAN, but online it'll either be impossible or a nuisance (since a key can only be online once at a time).

The reason people who compare the second and third games of SC2 to expansions are wrong is that all separate titles will be functional without requiring either of the other two. So it could be a feasible plan to wait until the one with your favourite race is released. This is a very interesting way to release SC2, especially because in the long periods of time in between the releases the development team must resist to improve/change anything that may cause compatability issues or resentment from the community (say if the second game had better graphics and menu/options than the first).

12. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

i never played multiplayer on any blizz game xept D2, and there only once, but i mainly play it for the campaign. THAT SAID: OMGWTFORZ AYAYYAYAYAYY MORE CAMPAIGNS WOOT

13. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    So? You'll still be able to play single player, both campaigns and melee games, and, assuming you can arrange for the person you're sharing it with to not be online, though you can play multiplayer as well, as well as being able to play on LAN. Seriously, it's better than not having it.

Kinda like the Dawn of War expansions?

14. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    I don't know many games so you're probably right.

I just checked expansion in Wikipedia and it does mention stand-alone ones, of which I weren't aware of. I just assumed that expansions expand on something, and if that something isn't there, there's nothing to expand :)

15. All over the internet people are getting so worried and pissed off over semantics.. It's disgusting.. Call it what you want. It's both an expansion and a full-product. It's seems only Blizzard fans aren't used to this .. other publishers have been doing it for years.

( I wasn't talking about anyone here :D )

16. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

If I had the cash, I would love to buy them all. Stupid college...

17. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I think it's awesome. SC has one of the deepest storylines ever, and if they're giving us 90 missions to play that over, I'm more than happy.

18. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    StarCraftWire.net just had an interview with Chris Sigaty about this Trilogy debate that has been going on lately. they didnt post the full interview right now, but did post a little bit about this major issue.

Source : http://www.starcraftwire.net/n/1231/150-to-play-full-starcraft-ii

19. I already made a topic about that :)

It's supposed to be 108 missions when you include the hidden ones. The 90 or so are just main campaign missions.

20. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    i looked around, but this was not posted, this short overview of the interview they had with Chris Sigaty today, confirms at least 3 things.

1: how far back they were thinking about this.

2: those that have the Terran version wont be able to play with those that bought the Zerg or Protoss version unless they buy/upgrade to those versions. (with Protoss being the last version)

3: they were planning to give SC2 two expansion even before they split the campaign.