1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starcraft 2, multiplayer should be scrapped

Discussion in 'StarCraft II Beta' started by bonesbrigade, Jun 4, 2010.

starcraft 2, multiplayer should be scrapped

Discussion in 'StarCraft II Beta' started by bonesbrigade, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Subversion

Subversion New Member

This is probably the most fail thing I've ever read. Watch some high level games, and you will know that there is plenty of great strategy and high level play. This game is also absolutely in its infancy, the original SC1 was a lot worse when it was this young.

Sorry you suck dude, but Blizzard isn't going to "scrap multiplayer" 'cause you can't claw your way out of the Bronze league.

Also, who said TLO is the "king of cheese?" That's just so inaccurate it makes me want to ragekill baby pandas. Have you watched any of his games?

Who are these trolls? :(

Edit again: The TLO guy doesn't seem like a troll, just misinformed :) Sorry man, you seem cool, lol :)

WhiteRa is definitely the cheesiest high-level player though. TLO is famous for pioneering completely new build orders and creative plays that then become standard.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  2. userstupidname

userstupidname New Member

Guys he is obviously just tired of cheeses

And no one can deny that there are more chesses in sc2

Now we got thorship, void ray rush, proxy pylon (warp call in), reaper rush, pf rush etc.

I my self was near to quite the game when every low tier game was cheese after cheese.
    Few guides seem to handle cheeses or well how to counter them.

I was searching for the best cure against reaper rush and all I found was just tons and tons of guides and youtube videos of HOW to reaper rush.

These are the most annoying ways to lose and will be the most deterring thing for newcomers even husky/hd comment: ''If your low tier do a reaper rush very effective as many noobs don't know how to deal with it''

Sc2 with so many more cheeses is very unforgiving as if you just slack a little going to just get a little extra protection against baneling bust bam you're hit with mutas or void rays.

I understand peoples complaints and so many is angry with sc2

However the answer is quite simply l2p

3. Butterfly

Butterfly New Member

Guys I can help you stop any cheese and teach to prepare for it. Just post your race and what cheese is getting you. Soon you'll become the mouse and eat that cheese.

Can anyone get me to a main admin?

4. Subversion

Subversion New Member

Cheese is so easy to defend - which is why its uncommon in high level games.

This guy is obviously a bronze player who comes here filled with nerdrage and trolls our forums.

5. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

DO NOT MOCK ANONYMOUS, FOR THEY ARE LEGION!

not that I have anything to do with them. I just like shouting that.

low-lvl strategies will always be cheesy. Its the only way we stand a chance without training or large sites dedicated to strategy. Cheese will decrease when the game is out for a few weeks.

Also, more units will not help with strategy. They will often crossover with other units, and since every unit creates more combinations with other units has a higher chance of being a gamebreaker.

6. DeckardLee

DeckardLee Guest

The game should be scrapped during beta because it's currently going through the processes of improvng balance? What's your rank? If you're not high up in diamond league then don't comment on balance. You're probably using the units wrong because it takes time to learn. StarCraft 2 is an in-depth game that has a learning curve.

7. Flyingfool

Flyingfool New Member

You can't have got into platinum if you saw that in lots of games. Platinum players are always scouting, which is the key against an early rush. So no platinum player rushes as they expect scouting.

8. snowden0908

snowden0908 New Member

Chicago
    i like how the8thark pointed out that its just a troll, and it didnt deter anybody from typing out

"nooo!!! multiplayer is good! I <3 Blizzard!! derk derk!"

Cmon guys, obvious troll is obvious

9. Gforce

Gforce New Member

that doesn't mean we cant discuss it here, because were lazy.

10. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

if we'd ignore all trolls we'd never get to act all arrogant and allknowing.

11. Shrike

Shrike Guest

Great, another thread that turns into a fan-debate >=\

On the other offtopic of cheese though, I love that there are weird tactics that forces you to be on your toes and scout around your base and scouting your oponent is crucial. There could be proxy pylons or other buildings, bunkers, cannons, sneaky SCV's, early rushes. The only way to know what to expect is by gathering information, which turns starcraft 2 into a game with thousands of strategies.

All cheeses have counters, if you know they are coming. If you are going for a quick expansion and the other an early rush.. You might have issues. If the other is going for a cannon cheese and you do not notice it your screwed. It's all about gathering information and then countering it.

HATE GAME!1 - CANCELLING PREORDER is such a lame way to start a thread :p

12. KoryLGriffin

KoryLGriffin Guest

Multilayer works well for me. The youtube instructions may help...