1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

StarCraft: Brood War is Dead

Discussion in 'StarCraft Original' started by MeisterX, Mar 2, 2010.

StarCraft: Brood War is Dead

Discussion in 'StarCraft Original' started by MeisterX, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Stirlitz

Stirlitz Member

Greece
    Pathing is the way the units will move, or try to find a path towards a target, after you give them an order. In sc2 it's very much more advanced, finds optimal routes easier, keeps packs of units clustered without having them block each other's way etc. In brood war for example, when you ordered 12 dragoons to move past a very narrow choke, 1-2 would move through but most of them would lag behind and start moving at random locations because at the moment that the front ones that were moving through the choke the ones further back would consider their way "blocked" and would try to find an alternate route, then when the space was unoccupied again for a sec would again try to move via the normal way and keep that back and forth move till you pressed them forward with multiple clicks. If it was sc2 they'd just wait till the one ahead goes through and then move right in behind it with just 1 single order...

2. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    I'm contemplating banning inside, just for the record. And if it weren't for his dull boring choice of username, I'd look up his season stats to make sure he's crying because he can't get into masters and not because he's genuinely dissatisfied with the game.

As for the topic, I read somewhere that Jaedong earns five times as much as SC2 players. I don't know if this claim can be trusted but if it's true then BW isn't dead at all. However, I think its death is inevitable the closer we get to balance in SC2.

3. Stirlitz

Stirlitz Member

Greece
  4. Vogin

Vogin New Member

Czech republic
    Since I can hardly forget something I've spent so much time on, BW will never be dead for me - plus, I'll do my fair share of trying to implement some of my BW attitude to SC2.

5. Atomic

Atomic New Member

West Bend, WI
    although I no longer play Broodwar games do not die. they were never living in the first place so they can't die they are just a object that we as humans and gamers put in our computers and consoles and play.

6. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    Well last I checked. Jaedong was the number 1 zerg player on the whole planet. I don't think that the korean progamers will ever stop using sc1 to be honest. Switching would totally throw the game off for them. They would all have to come up with new strats, relearn the races and could even possibly lose their rankings.

7. SpaceCadet

SpaceCadet New Member

New York
    OH hell no...BW will always be one of my favorites,was the first Blizzard game I bought (came in a "battle chest",then I bought WarCraft along with it's expansion). I have the earliest versions of both,can't play them cause they're for W95,BUT,the matter remains that I'll always play the older games more than the new ones.

8. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    Upgrade them, you can play all of them for any OS. I can go home and play BW on XP right now. It's not hard man.