1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starcraft II trilogy Poll

Discussion in 'BlizzCon 2008' started by Seradin, Oct 11, 2008.

?

What do you think of the Starcraft II Trilogy announcement?

1. Good

37 vote(s)
    77.1%
  2. Bad

7 vote(s)
    14.6%
  3. Other (explain)

4 vote(s)
    8.3%

Starcraft II trilogy Poll

Discussion in 'BlizzCon 2008' started by Seradin, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    Im one of those people that likes seeing polls so im asking you guys now!

Starcraft II Trilogy:

Good, Bad?

2. Calcium

Calcium New Member

Well, the single player missions will be much more detailed when split into three games. Also the release date of starcraft 2 will be faster :).

3. Triceron

Triceron New Member

TBH I don't see a reason to poll this.

Look, a trilogy is not a good thing for gamers. It means waiting to play their preferred race, skepticism at cost for game + 2 expansions right off the bat, and the fact that this 'trilogy' doesn't persist story beyond, rather it would be different perspectives of the same story.

I'm completely fine with this because I know that Blizzard needs time to create each campaign, and having it all in one box would take another 2 years to do at least (which is why they're spacing it out). But who really thinks this idea is a _good_ thing?

4. Alasdair

Alasdair New Member

Toronto
    It may be a bit costly for us (Depending on how much Blizzard charges for the next segments), if we're lucky they may just be a free download too though... REALLY lucky =)

But I think I'd like all the anticipation for the next segments, and when the next release is annoucened we'll all try to get really good with that race so that we can speed through the campaign

The only bad thing in my mind is that (besides the cost) is thatif anything gets leaked before the new campaigns are released, that someone's just going to spam the spoilers everywhere, we'll they could do that aswell with the Terran campaign when it's released, but before alot of people have finished it

But to counter this I plan to spend 4 days in my room drawing out the campaign, so I'll get no contact with anyone, and I can taker as long as i want with it =)

5. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

i think this is good for several reasons:

- Blizz has more time to work on a cool campaign
    - The story is far more detailed
    - there is more money in the franchise, making us more important to Blizzard, maybe even to the level of WoW

6. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    I look at it as this, we get the multiplayer earlier then expected, we get 75 hours of strong and epic campaign gameplay not including several millions of hours im gonna spend on multiplayer.

plus its blizzard so its gonna be incredible.

7. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    I voted Good. It will be released faster without compensating the campaigns. Couldn't get better.

8. Best. Idea. Ever.

I've been repeating myself all over the internest for several hours now. I'll give a more detailed report on my opinion later.

9. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    im withholding judgment til i know the price for each, and more about the extra content they hope to add in the Zerg and Protoss version.

10. Light

Light Guest

WHAT THE HELL

this is ****

11. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

Economy these days are affecting a lot of people. I'm from a middle class family who could get by just fine. However, recently I have been limiting my luxury purchases because of costs going up. I'm sure this is GREAT for blizzard and the game overall, but on a contextual side, bad for those who are saving money. Like I said before, I would love to get all three, but unfortunately I have to be realistic. At the moment, I can only afford 1 game, maybe it will change by release time, but I don't want to have any wishful thinking. I'm sure there are MANY more others who see it this way as well.

So, I voted other. It's good for the game, but kind of a let down for people like me and today's current problems.

12. Light

Light Guest

1. Blizzard only wants more money like it did for WoW and to compensate for WoW
    2. Its going to cost 3 times more than it would be
    3. Incomplete game
    4. More waiting
    5. Focuses on the multiplayer
    6: The 30+ mission thing would probably only count for all the paths you choose while you play

13. KuraiKozo

KuraiKozo New Member

Uranus lol =D
    ^agreed

i'm really getting upset with blizzard. first they tell us that it's coming out a year later, and then they're separating it. If we're going to have to wait I would at least appreciate a game that had everything in it, not just a bunch of split story lines. I don't have the money to spend on separate games, and I don't even like the Terran, but if you don't get the game for each race you'll definitely be losing some lore. so it's a rather lose-lose situation.

14. Light

Light Guest

I just hope they wont **** up diablo 3 the same way

15. How can more of a good thing POSSIBLY be bad? If you can't afford it, just wait for it to get cheaper or until you get the money. You can't tell me you won't have the money within your lifetime.

16. Light

Light Guest

They're only splitting it to get more money, the rest is less important. It doesnt have to be this way at all. Yeah I'll buy it and I'll play my terrans, but I dont know about the rest. I'll still pay 50 euros. So its a win-win position for Blizzard.

17. KuraiKozo

KuraiKozo New Member

Uranus lol =D
    um, TychusFindlay, i have to start saving for college. even sparing $60 overall is a bad idea. and most likely each game will be more than $20. plus my parents don't like me spending all my money on games. they find them quite a waste of time.

if they split d3 like that i'm not getting it.

18. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

It's not THAT great of a thing.
    You can't take money so lightly these days yo. Things can drop overnight (proven twice already, worldwide). I don't even want to buy the rest of the HL episodes.

19. More baseless accusations against Blizzard. Speculation \=\ Facts. Where's the common sense in your statement? Have you even read the interviews and watched the videos or did you just hear about this news and immediately decide you don't like the idea without hearing Blizzard's side? If this was not Blizzard and you didn't have your failing preconcieved notions that Blizzard is a money ***** because of World Of WarCraft (How is Blizzard more deserving of this criticism then any other company that made an MMO?), would you still have a problem? No, I doubt you would. If you say yes then you are a hilarious hypocrite. Have you seen the kinds of games that are released today? Look at the Dawn Of War expansions.. Look at the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblvion expansions.. Look at all of the new expansions .. Then tell me you find a problem with what Blizzard did. All they did was not cut back on their ambitions like they've done in previous games.. and you flame them for it. This is without a doubt the greatest gift Blizzard has given you since the games themselves. You've got the entirely wrong perspective. Each box will contain more missions than the original StarCraft along with all of the other new content (The Adventure-style aspect, in-game cutscenes, more costly cinematics, dynamic choices, multiple mid-points, et cetera). Explain to me your side of things.. How is this bad? I still can't accept that you are physically inable to pay for the games (Even if you couldn't, just wait for it to get cheaper or until you get the money) especially in a European country. I've been dirt poor. I just can't see this as a real issue for you if you have the computer to play this and you've been posting here regularly based on your post count.. think of the electricity and the cost of the computer parts!

So, basically, you people have a problem with spending money in general.. not this game? I see. Let us who have the money get the benefits then without you complaining. I grew up poorer than most of you are likely to be if you grew up in America or a first world country so if anyone should be complaining, it should be me. The way gas and food is you're likely to spend more than that in one day on either of these things. You can't tell me a game that will likely last you for ten years isn't worth a day or two of these things.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2008
  20. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    This is great. The game's released faster, with more content, and money's no problem for me, so I love it.