1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

StarCraft II Troubleshooting FAQ [Updated 9/12]

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Tech Support' started by TheXev, Jul 31, 2010.

StarCraft II Troubleshooting FAQ [Updated 9/12]

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Tech Support' started by TheXev, Jul 31, 2010.

1. TheXev

TheXev Active Member

Corry PA USA
    fitzner: right click on the connection name, you will see 3 options, select "status." Then select "properties" button in that window.

2. Hi TheXev

I've posted my own thread but was trying to track down the answer myself and noticed your manual patch notes. You say to put the files into the update folder in the starcraft 2 game folder. However, there isn't an update folder in my starcraft folder?

Do i just move the update folder that you created and put that in the starcraft 2 folder?

...I just tried that but the game loaded up as normal on v 1.01.1.16195 and still unable to connect.....it didnt seem to do any updating.

Thanks in advance for any advice btw

3. TheXev

TheXev Active Member

Corry PA USA
    Yes, BUT, if your patch program isn't prompting you to update StarCraft 2, you have a deeper problem (meaning the manual patch won't work). I will give you additional instructions in your thread.

4. qwerty11

qwerty11 Guest

thank you very much "TheXev" you really saved my ***-i downloaded all the patches manually after my computer refused to DL them from Bnet(multiplbe problems saving data) i extracted each one into my update folder and voila! it worked...
    thank you very much for posting them online,
    qwerty11
    P.S i hope you continue updating the patch files since blizzard apparently has no real way to solve the problem-hope to see more of your updates in the future..

5. TheXev

TheXev Active Member

Corry PA USA
    So long as you still see me posting, those folders will remain updated.

6. qwerty11

qwerty11 Guest

can you please upload the new patch file?(1.1.0)
    Thanks!

7. TheXev

TheXev Active Member

Corry PA USA
    Sorry the wait. I've been dealing with some personal issues at home. The new 1.1+ files are being uploaded as I type this.

I am hoping to be back full time again around Friday or Saturday of this week. -_-

8. Takamine700

Takamine700 Guest

Hi, I've been playing SC2 for over a month on my brand new ASUS laptop. Just recently its started to have lag problems only in online games. I can usually play it on Ultra settings without any slowing whatsoever, as it is a powerful gaming laptop. The graphics card on it is a NVIDIA GEFORCE GTS 360M.

I read the Troubleshooting, but I don't think it's the NVIDIA overheating issue, since the problem only occurs online. It doesn't even occur at the beginning of the game. Maybe about 5-10 minutes in I will start getting massive lag, and eventually lag out. Does anyone know how I can fix this? It happens every game now. I am also running Norton Antivirus while I play SC2, but it has never caused me problems before. Thanks.

9. VaynardX

VaynardX New Member

Should I check the read-only attribute without any problems? Coz the lines(overheating fix) doesnt seem to be saved.

10. xzjasonxz

xzjasonxz New Member

Hi, I have a problem when starting the game I get a message saying that the installation is corrupt or something similar
    and to initiate repair nothing happens. I need help to play Thanks
    Please Help

11. Doomrock

Doomrock New Member

Char
    Hello I am new here, I just wanna say that I have been trying to patch my sc2 for like 3 hours already .. and after a very long search I have noticed that I am having a hard time downloading this file sc2-23234-23471-x86-Win-enUS-bnet-bin ... would you like to upload this file for me :'(. Apparently it didn't come with your patch folders ( I have downloaded every single one of them). Btw I am using the US server version

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011