1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terran Units - In A Nutshell

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DevilsGate, Mar 24, 2008.

Terran Units - In A Nutshell

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DevilsGate, Mar 24, 2008.

1. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Combining the two is a plausible idea, but bringing back the Firebat and changing the Jackal aren't. The Firebat would just add to the clustered Terran Anti-Ground area of effect attacks. There are already the Marauders, Siege Tanks, Jackals and Battlecruisers' Plasma Torpedoes. That's three purely Ground-to-Ground attackers and an Air-to-Ground ability.
    In my opinion, Jackals should be cut and replaced with a pure Ground-to-Air attacker, so that the Banshee can get its Air-to-Ground area of effect attack back. There should also be a new purely Air-to-Air attacker produced at the Starport. That way, they'd have two area of effect Ground-to-Ground attackers, an Air-to-Ground area of effect ability and an Air-to-Ground area of effect attacker, as well as getting two solid Ground-to-Air and Air-to-Air fighters.

2. blindoutlaw

blindoutlaw New Member

Australia
    Nah the Jackal should keep its railgun attack, but have it also hit air with it, so you get a penertating attack that can hit multiply units in either the air or on the ground, although which ever the peneration hits depend on whether it is targeting air or ground
    So this makes a unit that can cut through air and ground targets hitting many untis with a single shot, if you move them to the right spot, which there speed will help

As for a pure AtA aircraft, isnt that the Viking in air mode? I think that fills the role very well

And 'if' the JAckal gets a GtA ability the Thor should just be used as a attack vehicle, no barrage ability, no anti air, just a freaking powerful attack that can only target single units and is often wasted on smaller targets

3. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    If the Jackal keeps its railgun and can attack Air targets as well, that just makes it overlap with even more of the current units. That's not to mention that the Jackal's line of fire effect wouldn't work against Air units. Its attack works against Ground units because it's travelling parallel to the Ground, passing through the units as it goes. It wouldn't be able to to this to Air units because it would have to fire at an upwards incline to hit an Air target and the penetrating fire would keep on going upwards, and not onto the next Air unit. Also, keeping the Jackal's Ground-to-Ground attack makes the new Banshee relatively useless. The Jackal should be axed to make way for the old Banshee and then a new Ground-to-Air unit will be able to fill the Jackals spot.
    The Viking's Air Form is ideal for taking on capital ships and Armoured targets, and makes it relatively weak against swarmed Air units. The Terran need a unit that is capable of taking on swarmed weaker units so compensate for this.

4. Juggernaught131

Juggernaught131 New Member

America
    hey is there any way you can find a picture of the new thor... my searches ended in epic fails :-[ :( :no:

5. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    The banshee and the jackal dont overlap too much. While they do both have only grounds attack, the banshee is more inclined to raiding as it can cloak and can fly, where as the jackal is a support unit that harms more that one unit.

Also the jackal should be kept as a purely GtG IMO

6. capthavic

capthavic New Member

Excellent work! It's good to have a summary of available units. Keep it up!

7. Ablitterator

Ablitterator New Member

I’m liking the possibilities with the Nomad for example get 4 Nomads and drop the gun turrets at the enemy mineral field, giving you an overwhelming advantage.

8. Unstable

Unstable New Member

Northern Sweden
    Nice work, I found it quite useful.

It could be noted to the reapers D8 charge, that it's possible to destroy them before the timed sequence sets them of.

9. hsynneva

hsynneva New Member

Bergen
    yeah cant wait for reapers.... give sc2 now :D

10. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    I found two nice pics that - although outdated - summarise the stats and roles nicely. Credit goes to Troglodyte.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Outdated, but they still help a lot! Thanks.

12. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    Ya great pics!
    I really liked the thor info even though its old. I hope that gets even more health than whats displayed in that pic, i.e. more than 900

13. JacobBlair1

JacobBlair1 New Member

Chandler, AZ
    Out dated and there is medics so update that and the fact marines get sheilds!

14. DevilsGate

DevilsGate New Member

Bump all three complete now, links on the main post.

15. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    Marauder: its slow down ability has been change from a halt, to a reduction % to speed of the unit it hits.

Ghost: it has cloak, Snipe, that deals about 150 damage to Light Armored bio units(damage dealt to Armored bio units is unknown), can call nukes, has the EMP ability, and can sense units that have an energy bar that are in the fog of war (can sense the units, but if they are cloaked then you need to bring in a detector before you attack)

Nomad: is now called the Vulkan, lost the Mine Drones, but can lay down Spider Mines, still has the auto-turrent ability. is rumor to have lost its detection ability, and also rumored to have lost its healing ability in favor of an ability called Targeting Drone that is supposed to increase the damage on the affected unit.

Battlecruiser: lost the Plasma Torpedoes for an air to air aoe ability called Missile Barrage

16. DevilsGate

DevilsGate New Member

Updated. Thanks for the info guys keep it up!

17. Symph0ny

Symph0ny New Member

Dallas
    Haha, I'm just now starting to get hyped for SC2 and I was trying so hard to figure out all the new names. Thanks for the topic!

18. AppleMarineXX

AppleMarineXX New Member

California
    um there may be updates, so, yeah
    but its good

19. TSO

TSO New Member

New York
    I have a question... i've seen almost every video posted by Husky and HD on youtube, and I've never seen the jackals and vulkans, and ive never even heard of them before... you sure this is all legit even now?

20. Mako

Mako New Member

The jackals and vulcans were scrapped for Multiplayer. I don't know if their in Single Player tho.