1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Creep

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Fenix, Jun 6, 2007.

The Creep

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Fenix, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

This thread is for improvements, or just things that would be really cool relating to the Creep.

I think that Zerg units (All, not just yours) should heal faster on the Creep, it's been mentioned in the other threads.

That's all I can think of, feel free to post whatever your mind can come up with.

2. jamaylott

jamaylott New Member

what if Non-Zerg units became slow and sluggish while on the creep, could it be a kinda cool defense?

3. Gold

Gold New Member

like i said in an earlier thread, it would be cool if creep could roll down the side of cliffs, and things gernally like that
    of if dead bodies got aobsrded into it

4. WHAT!

WHAT! New Member

i wonder if they make a building that actually attack using the creep kinda like how the sunken colony uses it to spine enemies.i want a building that can control the creep and will attack units with 30 percent of less health.

5. nuraku550

nuraku550 Guest

I haven't seen the creep yet, but i can imagine what it will be like. i think that it would be cool if the creep didn't go away. !!!BUT!!!
    If you want to get rid of it, your SCV's or probes could burn it away, or make it go away somehow ^_^.

6. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    I like the idea of a killable creep, but if it is too weak, it'll be abused.

If the creep could be burned away, imagine how annoying it would be for a Zerg player that got "creep rushed" by an enemy, with an SCV eating away at their buildable ground. Things like nukes would be a lot more devastating too, it would be much harder to rebuild with a huge hole in the creep.

7. Inside Sin

Inside Sin Active Member

Earth
    Guys, don't get ideas of the creep being able to fend off units. Because creep is much like on warcraft 3 just to make it look realistic that the buildings are actually part of the ZERG ( Are organisms/animals ) and makes it look like the buildings grow into the creep not on top of it.

I think the healing idea is good enough :D

8. Agamemnon

Agamemnon New Member

Yeah any other improvement over slightly faster healing would probably unbalance the game. Especially if it slowed down enemy units. ;D

9. Pix

Pix New Member

I think the Nuke should take out creep, though. I mean hell, it makes a huge crater in the ground - surely it would cause some damage to the creep!
    Oooo, and the extra effects would be nicely atmospheric.
    ~Pix~

10. Bumbaloe

Bumbaloe New Member

I think creep should go down cliffs and when you build a creep colony or hatchery the creep should expand right when it finishes building, not gradually.

11. mc2

mc2 New Member

The Creep provides nourishment to all zerg structures and units, so technically zerg units should slowly lose health whenever it is not on a creep. But I don't think this should be implemented because it's too much of a disadvantage and would make some serious balance issues.

Zerg units regaining health faster on a creep sounds logical and doable. I don't see why Blizzard wouldn't implement this effect into the game.

Also the creep should expand faster whenever a hatchery or colony is built. Lair and Hive should create a bigger creep.

12. SirBaron

SirBaron New Member

Doesn't they feed on enemies as well to compensate for that? Or am i completely wrong with this theory? :p

EDIT: well since all zerg heal gradually over time with no regards of what kind of ground they are standing on, then perhaps they should have an increased rate of healing while on creep. Maybe even for buildings. Also that idea of having it cover cliffs and slopes was cool :) blizzard should implement that

13. NotDeadYet

NotDeadYet New Member

SirBaron, buildings are ALWAYS on creep.

Maybe a Creep Colony could make all the creep around it slow down enemies or heal Zerg units faster, but if the colony evolves into a sunken/spore, it loses this ability? Either that, or make a new type of Creep Colony with the slow down/heal ability.
    -NotDeadYet-

14. SirBaron

SirBaron New Member

Haha, that's true. My bad. :)

15. Agamemnon

Agamemnon New Member

Such potential for skewing the delicate game balance, especially if it is a land war. ;)

16. Zombine

Zombine New Member

I feel a need to nit pick, and say extractor.

17. sordid

sordid New Member

I think the amount of creep you control should determine your food limit. It would force Zerg players to expand and cover as much of the map as possible instead of clumping together. Somebody tell Blizzard ;D

18. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    it should be an improvement for sunken colony.
    can attack anyway on freindly creep since the protoss can teleport anyway in pylons.

19. Zombine

Zombine New Member

theres no distinction for creep, and there shouldn't be any either. Nydus surprise attacks and creep piracy is a big part of the original, and should remain in SC

20. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    i always Nydus an enemy creep and send my entire force over(its easy enough to retreat) especially when their building so they don't notice your canal.
    IF they had a sunken colony upgrade like i said(and they should) you would need some distinction or it would be chaos.