1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Creep

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Fenix, Jun 6, 2007.

The Creep

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Fenix, Jun 6, 2007.

1. necromas

necromas New Member

Minneapolis, MN
    I think having the creep damage units would be overpowered when attacking zerg bases and incredibly annoying when used by overlords.

Also, the creep should definitely rot away on it's own when there is nothing to support it, especially since overlords can excrete creep to quickly fix any holes in a zerg bases creep, and to harass enemy expansion attempts.

2. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

The whole creep speed I think is a good enough upgrade I think people are just getting greedy. ::arghh:

3. needler

needler New Member

Speed creep could be interesting. Zerg players would build large amounts of creep tumors so they could send reinforcements faster.
    If it would somehow be possible to expand creep to enemy bases then the enemy (if not Zerg) wouldn't be able to build anything there.

4. Seriais

Seriais New Member

I think that when the creep is under minerals, you should get more minerals in one trip, and it should be faster to harvest them. I mean, the creep detaches the minerals from the ground, so it would be easier to break of more minerals.

Also, i agree with ronin2011.

5. necromas

necromas New Member

Minneapolis, MN
    Increasing harvesting speed on creep would basically give zerg a free economic advantage that scales in a linear fashion with the actual size of their economy. If they really thought zerg needed that they would just fix any balance issues with the cost of zerg units.

6. Sueco

Sueco New Member

Regarding the BR2 creep, I think it actually was step down from SC1s gooey creepy creep.

It just looks like rot or some fungus, not really the creep as a living membrane... anyone else got that feeling too?

7. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    The original Creep just looked like a crust on the floor. I think this version looks more organic and living then before.

Also, the Creep spreads just like a fungus. So why not make it look like one?

8. Raylito

Raylito New Member

The creep should provide +20% healing rate for the zerg, as they feed off the nutritious slime. Burrowed units have 50% healing rate as they are completely encased in slime.

No speed increase for zerg on creep. If there is an increase, it must be less than 15%.

Land based enemy biological units i.e. non zerg suffer a speed decrease of 30%.

The creep must look disgusting and foul.. flies and tiny insects buzzing around it.. it must stick to the shoes of the enemy terran foot soldiers and try to pull them back onto it..

9. Sueco

Sueco New Member

Healing rate makes much more sense... speed increase... sounds like a messy idea with too many OP applications.

Plus what does it do... does it have like escalators to help lings run? Would make much more sense if it slowed others... nothing too serius... 25% maybe?

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  10. PsiWarp

PsiWarp New Member

Aiur
    The Creep has lubricants, liquid coating that lets Zerg with evolved footing to run faster on it.

I find healing rate to be much more messy than faster speed, living longer vs faster relocation, imo.

-Psi

11. Raylito

Raylito New Member

Zerg settlement wall

Should the edge of the creep transform into a chitinous wall? This could protect the entire zerg base. The zerg could pass through the wall, but not enemies.

12. Lobsterlegs

Lobsterlegs Guest

Erm, goddammit! Stop with your endless (and pointless) threads!
    No offence, but how stupid does that sound?

13. Raylito

Raylito New Member

What is wrong with a creep wall? This should actually be moved to the creep thread - apologies.

14. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    The whole 'you can pass through but not the enemy' is the very concept of the Supply Depot's Submerge ability.

15. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Could be fun for in the creep thread. It will probably get merged.

Anyway: how would an enemy even penetrate such a wall? I always want to explore every idea, even if it sounds really weird. How do you guys think that td, dota, rpg maps, snake maps, line wars, etc where invented? Just by people throwing weird ideas into the community. Just saying that an idea is stupid is weird imo. At least bash it properly, if you intend to bash. :p

16. Sueco

Sueco New Member

A creep wall would make a zerg base look like a big pie.

Some of your ideas are interesting. Others belong in a Salvador Dali painting.

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  17. Mong0!

Mong0! Guest

Why do i think that Raylito steals these ideas from other forums?

18. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Well to a extent its still a building and only takes up a small amount of space.

It all depends on
    -how its built
    -how units get in and out of it
    -how strong it is
    -how in interacts with moving creep
    -can it be produced on the creep that overlords create
    ect

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  19. Seriais

Seriais New Member

-how its built
    I think if the creep wall is in the game, that the zerg would merge the creep with minerals, forming a firm wall.

-how units get in and out of it
    As for how the player's units get out, well, it's still creep, right? Isn't it a living thing? It seems to me that the creep would form a hole in itself to let units get through, but not enemy units. If an enemy unit wants to get through the creep wall, they'd have to bust it down.

-how strong it is
    As for strenghth, it is part creep, so it's only moderatly strong, like a tree that's ben dead for three days.

-can it be produced on the creep that overlords create
    it should be ale to be built on overlord creep, but be a little weaker, deepending on how close it is to regular creep.

-how in interacts with moving creep
    as for how it reacts, i'm not realy sure, but i was thinking that it should sap some of it's strenghth, making its efects a little weaker.

20. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    that sounds kool.
    but could you make the creep wall anywhere including not at the edge,
    and what if it basicly rolled back, so if a building was at the edge the creep would pull back and the building would soon die because of lack of creep. there fore to use this strategy you would need a tight base. and the more rolled up the creep is the stonger it is.