1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The list of confirmed Protoss units/mechanics!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by FlyingTiger, Jun 15, 2007.

The list of confirmed Protoss units/mechanics!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by FlyingTiger, Jun 15, 2007.

1. burkid

burkid New Member

we knew that a month ago after blizzcon. the star relic was changed to the statis orb, which has the same model but is a ground unit. stasis orb has no abilities, but its normal attack slows whatever its attacking for the duration of the attack.

2. Gorythax

Gorythax New Member

Ah, well... I need to pay more attention to stuff xD

Meh... making it a ground unit seems kinda... boring to me, and the slowing unit on attack seems kinda... boring too.

3. burkid

burkid New Member

it was a filler unit for blizzcon, as the star relics cloak went to the MS.

itll probably be removed for something else or returned to star relic soon.

4. Gorythax

Gorythax New Member

Unless it just becomes a building?
    It would be interesting, but protosses already have many defensive building options... I don't know, it would seem cool to me, like that ice ziggurat tower thingy in warcraft 3 : FT

5. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I hope they give cloaking to a building like the dark obelisk or something

6. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

nah,it would be better to give the cloak to some unit(air unit,of course),but NOT the Mothership.i mean,how can something so freaking big can have such a important ability if:

a)it is freaking expensive

b)it has to stay still in order to use it

c)it cannot defend itself while using it ??

that's just silly,very silly.i thought the Protoss were smarter than that...

Bliz should have figured out by now that giving the cloaking field to the Mothership(god,what a crappy name) was a BAD idea.bring it back to the star relic,and since you are at it,change it's name to what it was before,and make it a air unit again...

7. Gorythax

Gorythax New Member

well, you can't give an important ability to anything you know. Mothership is like an arbiter, if you ask me... but still, the MS not being able to defend itself is kinda stupid.

8. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

yes,i realize that.i also realize that Blizzard is trying to make the Mothership a giant Arbiter.i don't like this idea very much,bringing the old Arbiter back,and transforming the MS into a capital ship like the Battlecruiser would be much better,but i must have faith in Blizzard.they are known for many things,and making bad games definitively isn't one of them.

9. Avrorius

Avrorius New Member

Hi, although old units will be replaced by new ones in 3D, i heard Blizzard will put them ALL(old and new) in the map-editor in 3d, unless i'm mistaken;):)TNX

10. Gorythax

Gorythax New Member

Oooooooh... that would be nice... but speaking of the protoss units, is it me or did blizzard make them kinda dull? I mean, basically all you have to do is send a group of every type in... after seeing the terran Gameplay video, it looks like Terrans have developped more tactical fighting and it also looks like their tactics are more technology-using than the protoss'...

11. Avrorius

Avrorius New Member

Hi, i think it's suppose to be this way, coz terrans depend heavily on their tech-progress to survive, protoss count-on strength and wisdom of their psy-abilities-powers( protoss RULE ;D ;)), zerg: bio-evolution-diversity . And Blizzard's trying to make it even more obvious with SC2.TNX

12. Gorythax

Gorythax New Member

Meh.. still, protoss players i knew kinda depended on upgrades too >.>

13. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

protoss has psi power as well as high tech, but they lack in numbers

14. Avrorius

Avrorius New Member

Hi, bit of mis-communication there ;) :), what i meant by terrans tech-progress( in comparison to toos & zerg tech) is that it's really mechanized (like loads of computers,electronics, metal well you get the pnt ;), hence their more tactical, stealthy,flexible, tricky and more ranged approach ). While toss are much more subtile (in a manner of speaking ;) :)) at/in warfare. And think Blizzard's trying to put even more emphasis on those differences, so that the distinctions btwn races would become even more clear.
    It's bit like @Praetor Fenix said,
    quote:"The Protoss have been doing things the same way for ages. Terrans are the new kids on the block and much more flexible. You can see the Dark Templar influence, and it's slowly melding, but it's gonna take a while".TNX

15. Ariel

Ariel New Member

Well I guess everyone knows about the Carrier returning now.
    It is currently on the Starcraft II new protoss units list, so I think we can assume it will be in the game.
    (I guess this means no Tempest then huh?)

Wow...It took approx 27 seconds for 3 Carriers to destroy a Battlecruiser! That's a loooong time in game time!
    If this remains true for the final game, a Carrier vs Battecruiser battle could take up to 1 min 20 secs!
    (lol, providing BC doesn't have Yamato gun)

Personally, I think that protoss should have only 1 type of uber ship. e.g. the Mothership OR the Carrier. When I looked at the action shots of the Mothership I compared its multiple lasers to interceptors and concluded they were basically the same thing. Yes I know that the Mothership can't attack air and is more of a spell unit, but I wonder why their attacks are so similar. (ESPECIALLY if the Carrier's interceptors are automated!)

16. Gah345

Gah345 New Member

I would rather see some changes to the carrier or the mothership than scrap either completely. I love the carriers from SC1 and I think the mothership fits the protoss perfectly.
    I think they have enough differences to keep both in the game.

Carriers : faster, build interceptors, weaker, less cost, less hp, faster build time, its interceptors can die, but can also be healed in bay, it has no abilities, interceptors can draw fire from attackers

Mothership : slow moving, non-build main weapon, it has time bomb, planet cracker, cloak, ... its bigger ;D

Plus, i hear everyone talking about how it took 3 carriers soooo long to kill 1 BC, so, either the BC is super strong, or the Carrier interceptor dmg is very low, or both!
    Im sure blizzard will find a way to keep both. I say keep Uber Mothership and have less uber carriers that still have an important role

(now that i reread ur post ariel, i see that u dont want to scrap either, but i still stand by my opinion)

17. Broodling

Broodling New Member

The action shot of the 3 carriers attacking the battlecruiser is only to show the attack animation. It hasn't been balanced yet.

18. OriginalSin

OriginalSin New Member

YEAS THE MOTHERSHIP IS CONFIRMED XD.... i heard from a freind that all the uber units for every race were getting axed on "banace" issues i was like :S

19. Lantz

Lantz New Member

heres the complete Protoss Tech-Tree:
    [img width=670 height=376]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/Lantz/939643_20070803_screen001.jpg[/img]

20. Mephisto

Mephisto New Member

Zealots are too strong v/s the Zerg Swarm! I saw sap some of their power. The carge ability is good and all, but their just TOO STRONG! My lings can't stand up to that!!!!!

- My life for the Swarm!