1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Whisky Drinking Protoss

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by monstroooo, Jan 18, 2011.

The Whisky Drinking Protoss

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by monstroooo, Jan 18, 2011.

1. monstroooo

monstroooo New Member

Hi,

I was absolutely steamrolled by Starcraft II when it first came out. Completely stole my imagination and about two weeks of my life.

After two weeks, I'd finished the campaign and been promoted to the Silver League - where I promptly began losing every match I sat down to.

In love with Starcraft but frustrated by the game, I decided to write a story instead.

While reading around for ideas, it turned out that Blizzard were running a creative writing contest. The writer's mist descended, and the Starcraft universe would steal another two weeks of my life.

Well, in the end I didn't submit the story to Blizzard. But I did end up with a story which I was very proud of indeed.

I humbly present to you The Ballard of Eiy'ra Haiz: The Whisky Drinking Protoss.

I've linked to my external DeviantArt page - it's easier for me to keep track of who (if anyone) is reading my work that way. Hope that's OK with everyone - it's a safe site and has some nice features for reading long stories (like font size and family toggles).

Thanks folks, I'll get around to reading some other stories on here shortly :)

-Monstroooo

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  2. Oblivion523

Oblivion523 New Member

I just looked at the title, but didn't read the story yet but, how do Protoss drink whisky? They have no mouths.

3. monstroooo

monstroooo New Member

Protoss require very little liquid sustenance - but what they do need, they absorb through their skin.

In the case of the Protoss called Eiy'ra Haiz (the 'hero' of this story), he drinks whisky through his finger, absorbing it like a sponge.

Gives new meaning to the phrase 'a finger of whiskey', doesn't it?

4. Oblivion523

Oblivion523 New Member

You are a wise, wise man. Even I didn't know that, and I'm kind of a 'nerd'.

5. zenicide

zenicide New Member

Romania
    I'm reading it, its funny :)