1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Tutorial] How to find out what components are in your PC.

Discussion in 'Computer Tutorials' started by Epiclepsy, Mar 7, 2011.

[Tutorial] How to find out what components are in your PC.

Discussion in 'Computer Tutorials' started by Epiclepsy, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Epiclepsy

Epiclepsy New Member

de_dust2
    I know a lot of you might not know the exact Computer Hardware in your PCs, so I've put this Walkthrough/Tutorial together (Originally for my Gaming Clan/Team, but I'd like to share it with you all).

Here's a program you can download and it'll show you what exactly you have. It'll list every PC component your computer uses. It's called Speccy. It's free.

Download here:

http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download

Now, in the center, it says "Speccy - Priority Support ($24.95)".
    That is for Priority Support, it's NOT for the program. Just by-pass it.
    What you do want to click on is below it.

It shows as:
    Version 1.08.218 (3,429 kb)
    - Download from FileHippo.com
    - Download from Piriform.com

Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

Click on one of the Downloads.
    I clicked on "Download From FileHippo.com.

Upon loading the next page, the actual link should be in the top right corner of the website.
    It should state "Download the latest version 3.35MB".
    Click it.
    It should take you to another site that will say "Thank you. Your download will start automatically."
    Your browsers download manager should pop up. Choose where to save the download to, press "Ok" or "Save".
    Now wait for your download to complete.

Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

Now, when the download is complete, you could either open it from your browsers download manager or you could open Windows Explorer, which is what I did.
    I saved it in my Downloads folder.
    The installation file is called:

"spsetup108"

Screenshot:

[​IMG]

Double click on "spsetup108".
    The Speccy installer will pop up.
    Install Speccy as you would like, where you'd like.

When installation is complete, run Speccy.

Speccy is a useful program. It tells you EXACTLY what components you have in your computer. It lists their temperatures, their specifications in detail.

Here's a screen shot of my own Speccy (and note that THIS IS ONLY THE SUMMARY, it gets more into detail when you actually click the components that you actually want to look at):

[​IMG]

I hope you all enjoyed and understood this walkthrough. I've had people confused on how to download this program. Most get stuck at the whole "Speccy - Priority Support ($24.95)", thinking the actual program cost them money, when in reality, this program is completely free.

I hope you enjoy this program, as well.