1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial: Submitting a News Article!

Discussion in 'Forum Information, Questions and Feedback' started by MeisterX, Jun 21, 2008.

Tutorial: Submitting a News Article!

1. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    [​IMG]

Hello Everyone!

Ever since we switched over to the new vBulletin system, there has been a little confusion about how to post news articles. I'm here to straighten that out. The following is a need-to-know guide to publishing your own article (and receiving credit) on Starcraft2Forum.org

We certainly appreciate it every time a member submits a news article because it means a lot more time for us spent on making the site better rather than writing up reports. Of course, we will continue to do that to ensure you have the most up-to-date news possible.

So here's what you need to do if you have found what you think is a news worthy article:

1. Determine if the article is truly newsworthy. Please consult this checklist to determine if the article is newsworthy:

• Does the article have a legitimate source like a reputable fansite, a magazine, Blizzard themselves?
    • Does the article contain unique information?
    • Does the information pertain directly to SC2 or a peripheral Blizzard game?
    • Does the information pertain directly to StarCraft2Forum.org or one of its affiliates?
    • Does the article affect North American gamers?
    If you can check two of the above criteria, this article is probably newsworthy, therefore, proceed.

2. Make sure the article comes directly from the source. NEVER source an article that is in turn sourced from another source. (Tongue twister)

3. NEVER COPY PASTE AN ENTIRE ARTICLE! EVER! Take bits and pieces of the article and treat them as "quotes." Then write your own editorial around the quotes. We will use one of my recent news posts as an example:

[​IMG]

Make sure your article "foreword" is written in correct English and in good grammar. Of course, minor mistakes are fine as I will edit each and every article, but please do not write one sentence in poor English and expect me to give you credit for the submission.

4. If you are able, create a fitting banner for your article. You can do that using Photoshop by using the .psd file attached to this thread.

5. Once you are ready to submit your article and feel you meet the above requirements, simply log in and go click on the link on the front page that you can see here:

[​IMG]

5. Title your article correctly!

6. Make sure you include keywords at the bottom part of the article submission page!

7. Submit your article AND send a private message to my account, Joneagle_X, notifying me that you have submitted your article. The first person to submit the PM and has submitted an acceptable article will receive credit!

I look forward to having many more community submitted articles!

Thanks,

Joneagle_X

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2009
  2. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Ah this is a much needed tutorial... thanks.

I look forward to downloading the .psd :D

3. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Haha finally got the attachment working. There ya go!

4. -LT-

-LT- New Member

Finally! Thanks!

5. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    any way you could create an attachment in PNG or pdn for paint.net users? Or simply include an image file for each layer?

6. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    You should be able to open up the psd with the GIMP and maintain layer information.

7. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Will this work for you?

Right-click
    Save target as

Attached Files: