1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TvT - 2 Fact 2 Port

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Andromidius, Feb 10, 2011.

TvT - 2 Fact 2 Port

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Andromidius, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Andromidius

Andromidius New Member

If you don't know about this build: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=189624

I've been using this of late in TvT battles (and a bit in TvP if I don't instant get cheese rushed by drones). Its worked rather well for me, and I think in low level play it suprises people to see mass Hellions ripping their M&M ball to pieces, or being dropped into their mineral line, or having a bunch of uncloaked Banshees tearing their tanks apart, then a wave of Vikings comes in and cleans up whatever they had in responce...etc. Its a unique playstyle, and I really enjoy it.

So my question is, what are people's view on it? How is it working for you?

I've so far in the last dozen or so TvT's only been beaten once - by a Marine spam rush And then only just!

2. Vulcan

Vulcan New Member

Tasmania
    I've seen this but have not yet tried it. I'd imagine you'd need to watch for early rushes while you tech ?

3. Andromidius

Andromidius New Member

Yeah, its vital that you get out an early Hellion. On close maps it might even be good to get the Hellion out before the second Factory and Gas. Maybe even throwing down a bunker!

Its a safe build on larger maps though, and doesn't require you to expand at all most of the time. You can constantly produce from the two factories and starports off one base no problem, and often my opponants GG once they've suffered heavy SCV losses and had their first pish annihiliated.

Great fun too. Its much more 'exciting' then the usual Tank and Viking spam, and tends to give fast games (15 minutes, at least).

4. Andromidius

Andromidius New Member

I just tested this build against a Protoss as well. He went 4 Gate but then didn't attack and expanded instead (not sure why) and started teching to Colossus. Then I did a double pronged attack with 3 Hellions in a Medivac and 4 Hellions hitting the expansion at the same time...

Oh. My . God.

He ran his Probes away from the 3 Hellions, and killed them off with his Stalkers... But then ran the Probes straight into my other Hellions. He went from 38 Probes to 0 in less then 10 seconds.

By this time I'd teched to Vikings (6) and Tanks (2), and when his counter attack came it was just demolished by landed Vikings. This makes me wonder...Vikings are decent against Stalkers?

5. Makki

Makki Member

Denmark
    vikings kinda suck vs stalkers

6. Andromidius

Andromidius New Member

I did a bit of theorycrafting (based on weapon damage/speed, hp and armour) and it seems 1 on 1 they are about equal. Meaning in a clinch landing a squadron of Vikings can help stop a Stalker push. Not ideal, obviously!

I'm going to experiment more with this build. It seems to work really well against most compositions - in lower league games at least.

7. sniper64

sniper64 New Member

Upper Michigan, US
    The neat thing about vikings is that they are amazing anti air, but not beasts on the ground, but they can still be used, in TvT you can mass viking, and if they move in with some marines, and they killed your other units, you can land the vikings. In TvP you can use the vikings to kill the collosus, once you do, land them and push.

8. Andromidius

Andromidius New Member

Aye. I missed that Vikings are actually Armoured and not Light, however, so Stalkers will beat them in even numbers.

I'm using this general build in nearly every match now. Its terrible against Roach pushes, though. Not enough time to get Thors from those Factories, and Hellions are plain awful against them.

9. Raynor

Raynor New Member

I think it is very strong against another terran player especially on a map like scrap station where air units and drops are ideal. Dropping mech units like tanks and hellions are very good.

When teching this heavy you need to get two early gases before the orbital is done though. You should also build a bunker if they are going for marines and marauders mostly. Terran players like to get vikings early in the game with siege tanks if they suspect you are going for early banshees.

A key thing to note on a build like this is you should stop producing SCVs once you have 30 mining altogether; 24 on mins and 3 on each gas. Build your tech buildings in the back away from the center so they do not scan you.

10. opelayilletry

opelayilletry New Member

TvT 2 Fact 2 Port

Hi,

I think that propellerControl uses one L so the other L in the same port is free.

How can I connect 2 propellerControl in one port?

Is there a L1 - L2 splitter?
    If yes, PL-number?

11. Makki

Makki Member

Denmark
    whats a propellercontrol? oO