1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unit Database

Discussion in 'General StarCraft 2 Discussion' started by lurkers_lurk, Jun 10, 2008.

Unit Database

1. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    thats true, but it also have longer health so we will have to wait and see. and the fact that it has a small area of splash makes it not so weak to swarming units now, still weak to them, just not so much.

2. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

next question.. or tidbit..

* I can see that blizzard just want to implement multiple laser batteries for the battlecruiser unlike before where it just has 1 weapon for ground and 1 for air.. so the question is, with your clarification on the BC damage, it seems that it kinda dwindled down compared than before but if you total the maximum output......

so here are the numbers btw

sc1 BC --------------------------------- sc2 BC
    dmge : 25 (+3) ----------------------- 8(+1)*8
    ---------- marine d-fense 0 (+3) -------------

as you can see, based on these statistics you would probably wonder if the new BC is well balanced coz the way these statistics evaluate, it takes two shots for sc1 BC to take down a marine while sc2 BC can do so with one complete burst of its laser shower, ive got no real problem anyway since perhaps the terrans are just yet having another urge for greed in power ^_^

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  3. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    i see no problem with that, a group of marines will still greatly damage or kill a single battlecruiser, and it seems to me that the time to finish one volly of shots is longer than what the BC cooldown was in SC1

4. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    @freedom23. The sc2 BC has a longer cooldown, and remember that the attack is divided by 8 which means that a unit with 2 armor would ignore 16 damage, while the same unit would only ignore 2 damage from the sc1 BC. Fully upgraded Siege Tanks and unupgraded Carriers will only take HALF the damage an unarmored unit would. Also, the BC appears to have 50 less hp.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
  5. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

@ you -- LOL, tnx, but still im thinking that SC2 BC is far more powerful than SC1 BC... again ill post another graph of the total damage... this time fully upgraded..

SC1 BC--------------------------------------------- SC2 BC
    25(+9) = 34 raw damage --------------------------- [8(+3)]*8 = 11/ shot *8 = 110 max dmg possible
    0(+3) = marine armor ------------------------------- 0(+3) = marine armor
    40 = marine hp -------------------------------------- 40 = marine hp + 15 with shield upgrade (55hp)
    2 shots (31+31) = needs to take it down ------------ 1 volly or 7 laser shots = even with shield upgrade

as the stats detail it.. (sorry if its hard to figure).... anyway the marine has 55hp in SC2 with upgrades and even so with a fully upgraded armor, they can be taken down by a fully upgraded SC2BC with exactly 7lasershots of 1 volly ( 8*7= 56 damage ) so the only last thing we'll have to worry about is its cooldown as it will define its effectiveness and its danger level

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  6. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Yeah I'd just like to say that I agree: I too think the SC2 BC is stronger than the SC1 BC. But, I consider the SC1 BC one of the most inconvenient Terran units in the game. It was easily countered by early tier units such as Hydras, so I consider this change a good one.
    Same with Ghosts; they are also becoming more useful than their SC1 counterparts. BCs and Ghosts were rarely seen in games and I hope this will change in SC2.

7. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    Update, THX to LK, i have twice the room then i had before, i had to change the line up a little, and i added pics to all the new units, execpt for the zerg, i added all the pics for them, the pics. comes from SC2 Armory, and the zerg pics comes from Ced, pleasde note tho that infested marines are not in the game right now, and they are only in the zerg pic. section because i couldnt separate it from the rest.

tried to add some description to most units as well.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  8. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    nice thanks for the list! I haven't followed sc2 in several months (actually practically since last summer), but this sticky certainly helped!

9. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
  10. Saracen

Saracen New Member

Australia
    My Queen

Who's with me when I say that our Queen (Zerg) should have a scream capability that calls up zerglings and some surface-to-air unit from underground like the drop pods?

This scream can be a similar sound to what the previous Queen used to make from StarCraft 1, the one that echoes across the map?

(Alternate options, scream can weaken terran / protoss for a cooldown period, or psych up zergs like bloodlust in warcraft...)

can this be done?

All Hail Duran,

Saracen...

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  11. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    @Saracen, you would most likely get more of a reply if you make a separate thread in the Zerg section about that, as well as maybe more of a explanation on its effects or possible effects.

Updated: after waiting some time for my source to update their database i have finally took a look at them and made some correct adjustments to some of the stats. i didnt updated it earlier because SC2Armory had a forum overhaul.

also it is nice to note that Warp Rays can fire on the move

Source : http://www.battle.net/forums/thread.aspx?fn=sc2-general&t=1642353&s=blizzard&tmp=1#blizzard

Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  12. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

I love them warp rays.. wish they do more mechanic with its laser show like using other warprays as magnifiers to extnend range lol

btw i just want to "not see anymore bout starship troopers thread coz its MADNESS!" lol

13. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    UPDATE

Im please to announce that i have updated this with the very recent stats of Blizzcon. please note that these stats are still subject to change on a moments notice. also please dont ask me why are some abilities are colored orange, its just that way so i can see abilities from the wall of white.

14. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    well void ray is hardly long range bombardment with a range of 5...

plus, you should update the pics.

15. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    i will, im waiting for the site that i get my pics from to update theirs first.

16. Charmed

Charmed New Member

Is it true that Carriers now have range= 12?? Thats very huge range man....If this is true, Carriers will really own in SC2...

17. agony_raiders

agony_raiders New Member

canada
    scv

SCV also known as the suicide commiting vehicle:D

18. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    UPDATE : after thinking about it for a while, i added the pics of each of the races Tech Tree that was used in the Blizzcon build. the pics are located after the Zerg section. please note that these Tech Trees can and most likely will be changed before the game is released.

Note: for so0me reason, the Tech Trees are refusing to stay, no matter what i do, so, ill just leave it as it is and fix it later.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  19. teraformer

teraformer New Member

kansas city, MO
    re

Most of those units are not on the SC2 website.

When I saw the video of a Terran player beating a Protos player. I was wandering what the heck Marauders were.

I would have thought though that being large units, Colossus would have more than 350 total hit points.

I really cant wait for this game to come out.

20. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    please note that most of the units and lore at starcraft2.com is horrible outdated and is most likely going to be changed sometime in Beta. also i am listing every unit thats in the current build(as current as we know it at least), except for Changling(and maybe another one that i am forgetting right now) since i dont really feel like going through the trouble of adding such a small thing.