1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Buildings to Defend as Terran

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Raynor, Mar 1, 2011.

Using Buildings to Defend as Terran

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Raynor, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Raynor

Raynor New Member

Terran are very good with defense. They are notorious for walling off especially when facing zerg to prevent early zergling harassment.

But not a lot of terran players take advantage of their bunkers or the fact they can lift off buildings. It can be very useful once you know how to use them.

Bunkers are important. Many players think they never have to build them but they are very useful especially in TvP because how devastating a 4 gate push can be.

Bunkers also have a great advantage when using them which is being able to scavange them to get back some return on investment.

When your opponent is trying to rush you while you are teching up then make sure to put down a bunker or two at the ramp. When you want to expand later you can just scavange them and build a couple more at the expansion to prevent them from hitting it too hard.

Speaking of expanding to be on the safe side you should always build the command center inside your base when your opponent is playing more aggressively. And if they are being aggressive make sure to put the bunkers down and fill them with units before lifting off the base and landing.

This way they cannot get to it easily and they will not know if you are expanding since you are building it inside your base. Remember it is all about throwing them off.

Another thing to keep in mind is that when you expand you can also build your additional production buildings in front of siege tanks so they will have a hard time reaching them.

Using a building to distract your units while your combat units hit them can be a great idea as well. Lift off a barracks and put it right in front of your units to act as a sponge. If they do not focus fire their units will attack the building while taking hits from your marines, marauders, siege tanks, or whatever units you got.

Another trick to keep in mind which I am sure everyone knows is when you upgrade your third base to a fortess and saturate the mineral line make sure to take all of your SCVs off and repair the base if they send their army to take it out. This should be able to preserve it until your army comes to the rescue.

2. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    As much as your threads seem generous and helpful, I would never take advice from a person who thinks thors can be lifted by phoenices. Or claims that units attack buildings if they have enemy units in sight.

I think you should acquaint yourself with the game more to avoid giving false information to people.

3. Raynor

Raynor New Member

Where did I say Thors can be lifted up? Buildings can get in the way if they are far enough. You are right I should have clarified.

4. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
  5. Raynor

Raynor New Member

6. imjorman

imjorman New Member

Ohio
    Editing your posts after its been edited for bad accuracy eh?