1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What was the last thing you read?

Discussion in 'The Arts' started by Agathelos, May 24, 2011.

What was the last thing you read?

Discussion in 'The Arts' started by Agathelos, May 24, 2011.

1. Agathelos

Agathelos New Member

Well, I didn’t see any post about it so I figured I’d make my own for hopefully fellow bookworms to gather! So… Book, magazine, article, instructions of how to make ramen noodles, doesn't matter! Just post what the last thing you read was and a description if you think other users would be interested! I'll start:

The last thing I read was a fantasy novel called Drylor The First Artifact.

Description from amazon:

When a man wakes up inside a cage that is being carried through an underground city, he has no idea where he is or what has happened to him. As Von, a victim of amnesia, is taken to a jail cell to await his fate amongst elves, humans, dwarfs, gnomes, and halflings, he is told he is a member of the Royal Guard of Genisus. It is not long before he is transported to the palace where he meets an impatient king who eventually returns him to his jail cell while deciding his destiny. As Von's memory slowly returns, he discovers that he is the only one who can protect Drylor-a world that abandoned him-from its greatest evil, his own brother. Through his journey to the truth, Von meets an unlikely group of friends who are willing to sacrifice everything to help him stop his brother Scarlet from annihilating the only world they have ever known. As Von's past becomes clear and reveals his future, he soon realizes the only way he can end his brother's heartless massacres is to find him and kill him.

2. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Thanks spambot for bringing this to my attention. I like this.

I'm currently reading Ravenor: The Omnibus because WH40k is the booomb yo.

3. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Currently reading The Living Dead 2, a collection of zombie-related short stories compiled and edited by John Joseph Adams. His first collection was better, but I still love me some zombies.

The last book I completed was probably Unplugged: The Web's Best Sci-Fi & Fantasy: 2008 Download, a collection of sci-fi and fantasy-related short stories compiled and edited by Rich Horton. It happened to contain the most perfect short story ever, The Behold of the Eye by Hal Duncan.

The last book that wasn't just a bunch of short stories was most likely Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins, second book in the Hunger Games Trilogy.

...I need to go through my entire collection and just make a thread of all the books everybody should read.