1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you do in this situation ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by master412160, Oct 9, 2010.

What would you do in this situation ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by master412160, Oct 9, 2010.

1. master412160

master412160 New Member

Belgium
    Yesterday, thus Friday 8th of October, something bad happened.

In my class something happened. In the first hour of school we where in our own class room, then we moved to a other room for 2 hours. Now I was packing up some stuff a bit late then the others as second last person still in the other room, not the class room. And when I got to our class room I saw my class mates destroying some of the glass our door to our class room had.

The glass was like: http://www.helpwandkunstopsporen.nl/images/user-uploaded/normal/1098-1.jpg
    Only no persons on it, and not that impressive. Just color glass, you sure know it from the glass in church or so.

There was already a little piece gone out of the window, and from there they removed the rest without cutting them self. Now you can put your entire hand through the door from that whole.

Then our teacher came opened the door and saw on the ground alot of glass pieces, so she asked who did it. Nobody answers, we say it happened before we got here. Then the teachers goes to get the director.

Who says that if the person or people who know who broke the glasss don't come and tell here before 5PM everyone of the class will have to pay for reparations.

Getting to the point that is bad

Next hour(s) the class mates ask questions, talk most of the time about the so called incident with the window. If the director can make us pay, when we didn't do it, etc...

Then we made 2 teachers belief we got a lesson from. That we are not guilty or some of us are not guilty of doing it. Because they say to here:
    You where passing by while we where standing near the door and it was broke already. (something like that, I could not follow everything)

So in short they spoke and spoke to those 2 and they believed it. That we didn't do it. Our entire class, seriously! Told the teachers they didn't saw anything and told them it is a other person or group. While they where all looking or doing it just some time ago with the glass window.

Thus now those 2 teachers take it up for the class and go discuss with the director about it. While we are not Innocent but big time guilty.

4 people broke the glass, and we all did as they hoped. NOT tell the teacher or director they did it.

So my question:

What would you do ? If you where a class mate there and knew who did it.
    Would you go and tell so you don't have to pay for something you didn't do. Or would you pay just because you don't have the energy to say it and prepare for the worst when your class mates find out you betrayed them.

2. Higgs Boson

Higgs Boson New Member

First of all I doubt that he can legally make you pay for it unless he can prove that you had something to do with it and besides that the cost split amongst the whole class is probably going to be a days lunch money.
    Second of all if I saw my classmates destroying glass on purporse like that (Well I wouldn't because my classmates are hopefully not apes like yours) I would tell them to stop doing that and if they ignored my warning I damn well would go tell the director. There is nothing honorable about defending idiotic vandals.

Edit: Well technically my classmates are apes and so are all other human beings but you get my point...

3. Takaim

Takaim Member

Eh, depends. If it would cost me an arm and a leg I'd rat the losers out who broke it. I'm a pretty big dude though, really wouldn't have much to worry about. =P

4. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    Tell the director. I won't stand for such ***gotry.

5. Cthulthu

Cthulthu New Member

I would not pay and not get involved. I don't think the director can make you pay for something that you broke if he can't prove it. Oh, humans are not apes we are primates who share a common ancestor with other primates/apes.

6. KHaYMaN

KHaYMaN New Member

Oregon
    Well, in what I'm imagining your situation to be, I'd go to my parents, explain to them that I didn't have anything to do with it, and that the school is trying to use the threat of making reparations whether you did it or not to get you to make an accusation against someone, and why you don't want to do that.

I don't know how they would respond. You should know better than anyone else. If it were me I'd send the school a pretty straightforward letter that they are overstepping their bounds, and if they don't stop I'll pursue legal action. On the flip side of that though, I'd probably encourage you to anonymously provide information since it is the right thing to do. But the threats/initimidation tactics the school are using would seriously piss me off.

7. Higgs Boson

Higgs Boson New Member

@Cthulthu: I am sorry to break it to you but we are classified as members of the (great) apes.

8. Takaim

Takaim Member

o_O Strange how we share more similarities to Pigs rather than apes.

9. marinefreak

marinefreak New Member

Australia
    Do we? I thought we just used pigs organs because we are closer to them in size and it's easier to mass produce pigs.

I would do nothing. Window is broken, nothing will bring it back, ratting someone out will just be stressful for them and myself. Splitting the cost between everyone would be cheap as chips plus the school is unlikely to chase after each student for the money. Only disadvantage is the idiots who did it will feel a sense of accomplishment that they were destructive without being caught.

Teachers seem to not know how to react to situations or act like adults most of the time...guess it's the curse of hanging around kids all day.

Come to think of it at high school my group(not me) used to kick a soccer ball at a glass window and sometimes break it. It would be fixed the next day so they'd break it again....after 4-5 breaks they reinforced it and we thought it was the end...about 50 hits later they saw a crack so they kept pounding it and broke it again. The school never even mentioned it....I like to think we maintained the Australian economy and its glass makers.

10. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

I thought we only used the pigs for hearts?

11. Higgs Boson

Higgs Boson New Member

We also use them for skin and other organs. So no not only hearts.

12. Cthulthu

Cthulthu New Member

Allow me to clarify myself. The evolutionary line of homsapiens is an example of adaptive radiation showing signs of punctuated equilibruim. This current perspective on evolution is the most accepted in the scientific field. The phylogenetic tree of hominoid species is classified into 3 distinct areas hominins homonoids and homnids also (promisians). We and every member of the Homo or australo prefix denoted species is a member of the homonoid classfication. This is supported by the vast structural differences in cranial structure, the endocasts of hominins (pan chimps, bonobo, gorilla, gibbon) are vastly different to our endocasts. Also the above species (including the 'great apes') are all quadrapedal except for the gibbon who locomates by brachiation. I am pretty sure that international nonclamenture of homosapien dichotomy does not classify humans as members of the great apes as we are far too different to them ( at the same time sharing up to 98% of our DNA with them). It would be illogical to classify members of us with the great apes as the divergence occured over several milltion years ago. Monkeys are the better species anyway with their cute hands and what not. Getting waaay off topic here but what's the deal with ur name Higg's.

13. Vuraraabnom

Vuraraabnom Guest

What would you do in this situation

Heh. Do you know the original song? It seems kind of popular, although its French.

14. Stirlitz

Stirlitz Member

Greece
    No, ofc don't tell anything to the director. What your classmates did was indeed both stupid and bad and they had no reason or right to destroy school property, BUT being a snitch is even worse AS IS terrorizing students to become snitches which is something your headmaster is doing.

If he tries to force the class into paying then fight for it as a class. Use the tools available by your student council(dunno the actual term and if such a thing exists in your country) and if needed proceed to abstention(I also think that's the word of not going to class as a class in protest to something).

Best thing of course would be that your classmates who did this would appologise and pay for the damage done between them - the ones who took part, that is- but if they're not willing to accept responsibility as a team, other students shouldn't become sniches to the headmaster.

Imo.

15. Atomic

Atomic New Member

West Bend, WI
    I think if no body fesses up to it then the whole class should take the blame. nothing wrong with that.windows can easilly be replaced. it may not be the same glass used but still it can be fixed.