1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which race to choose and why!

Discussion in 'StarCraft II Beta' started by ica-finger, May 23, 2010.

Which race to choose and why!

Discussion in 'StarCraft II Beta' started by ica-finger, May 23, 2010.

1. Sublime

Sublime New Member

I play random because, as day 9 puts it, you can just take whatever strategy you got screwed by, and proceed to screw others with it!
    And also because it has some major tactical advantages, plus I like all 3 races and would feel held back if I only played one.
    If I preferred one race, I'd say Zerg. I simply like their mechanics more than the rather "straightforward" and (in my opinion) limited versatility of the other races.

2. Taerix

Taerix New Member

I've always loved the Terran race because of their Tanks mostly. Siege tanks just make me happy =)

Protoss may be one of the easiest to learn though. And with Warp gates they are a blast to play now. I think no matter which race you choose to play you better learn about them all (which may just mean playing them all a lot) so you can know what you'll be up against in every matchup.

Picking just one race is a good way to start though, that way you only have 3 matchups to worry about rather than all 9.

3. Flyingfool

Flyingfool New Member

I play random, it gives you a tactical edge over the opponent as they have to scout which race you are and means your tactics in game are more spontaneous which is good as it makes you less predictable :)

4. RHStag

RHStag New Member

I prefer Terran as it enables you to play a 'perfect' game, although be it near impossible. I don't like massacres hence I don't play Zerg; Protoss is somewhere in between.

5. Muncie16

Muncie16 New Member

Protoss is and has always been my favorite race. Though I have been torn for awhile as to whether or not I should be a jack of all trades, master of none (play as random) or master one race and be poor with the other 2. I still feel that Blizzard has some tinkering to do in terms of online gameplay but majority of it has been completed in beta. look for patches to be done within the first week or so maybe even within a day.

but back to my fave race. Protoss combine mobility and power quite nicely with being able to pack a punch with a small group of units. with proper microing of the injured units and and the abilities of stalker(blink), Sentry(bubble sheild...) can make a seemly uneven battle of units into a draw or even victory.

PS Terran still is best race to use if ur a pro RTS gamer.

6. kovakolsky

kovakolsky Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2010