1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why zerg sucks and I'm switching races.

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Konran, Dec 31, 2010.

Why zerg sucks and I'm switching races.

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Konran, Dec 31, 2010.

1. ikkabotZ

ikkabotZ New Member

There's been a white elephant in SC2. I'm tired of arguing back and forth about it on forums. I don't know if it's unbalanced or not, and don't care anymore. There's a point where you stop trying when you start understanding things are beyond your control. I've tried to tough it out for seven months and my patience has worn out. Blizzard has always made great games and will continue to do so, and despite all their best efforts it has just felt too slow for me (respect to anyone with more patience). Granted there have been improvements with patching, but there's too much keeping me from feeling that the game can still be competitive and on a fair playing field (if you want a literal example, just look at the map pool). I can only imagine how difficult it is to balance a game like this, and the number of ingenious subtle responses made throughout development.

In time the game will be better understood and new strategies will compensate for some of the more glaring holes within the gameplay. Some of those holes will not get better without intervention.

Put simply, I no longer enjoy playing this game. I love this game and respect everyone just trying to enjoy their time with it. Thanks to the forum for the supportive feedback and answers. :)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  2. WhiteWalls

WhiteWalls New Member

The 'tilting' theory sounds fair. Zerg is sooo hard to master >.<

3. Makki

Makki Member

Denmark
    damn im getting tired of this thread -.-

4. Cheech420

Cheech420 New Member

protoss numbaaahhhh oneeeeeee!!!!

5. Infe Necromancer

Infe Necromancer New Member

In my own undiscovered Brood Colony in deep space.
    All I can say to this is that I personally find playing the Zerg easier and a lot more fun than the other two, this of course may be due to my high level of strategic thinking, I love anything strategy based SC(2) being among my favorite.

6. ParkJiHonda

ParkJiHonda New Member

I must be weird but i think Zerg is 100x easier for new players as opposed to terran and toss...But thats just me? IDK, it must be because I had a Korean teach me Zerg and watched guides for the other two.

7. Takaim

Takaim Member

o_O...the only hole I see bro is the gaping hole in your scrotum where you lost your man pride and it caused you to give up and cry like a girl.

8. MastoJira

MastoJira New Member

Can we all at least agree that Xel'Naga is the most OP race?

9. Carnuss

Carnuss New Member

I agree 100%!... -_-

10. quickvic

quickvic New Member

Bucharest
    I get that you ignored the rest of the thread. :dull:
    That's a shame since so many people spent time to add really good posts to this one. It changed my perspective on zerg in particular and SC2 in general.

11. Devzah

Devzah New Member

Unicorn Land
    The thing i really hate about them is how when you create a building your drone dissapears. It's fricking annoying.

12. cHowziLLa

cHowziLLa New Member

Montreal
    Today, with the new level of gaming, its the rise of the zergs!

more and more zergs are taking over. I just saw Jinro, Thorzain, SaSe, and Naniwa get raped by nobody Code A zerg players from korea in the GSL august.

also the last GSL tournament, 2 zergs were in the final.

if u still like the concept of zerg, don't give up... just practice yo.

13. Ragnarok

Ragnarok New Member

As a Zerg player, I feel that the reason Zerg has comparatively few units is because they can mass them. Before switching races try implementing FE builds and macro hatches. Don't forget to inject a lot and you should be able to out produce your opponent. I think blizzard did a good job of balancing the game, it's just a matter of using the correct units and basic ideas behind each race

14. ikkabotZ

ikkabotZ New Member

The only problem I have with the mass units of zerg is when you're trying to press hard on an expansion with relatively small chokes and sim city, units can dissolve pretty quickly when trying to close things out.

Really, the trick is knowing when to engage with your army though, which can be tricky and I need some real help with it. Particularly when it comes to expansion harassment. I tend to lose way too many units at these attempts.

I need to also consider how to create a better static defense at my own expansions. I give opponents an easy surround on hatcheries and that's a loss.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011