1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yeah... I'm lazy

Discussion in 'Graphics Tutorials and Help Request' started by SD-Count, Mar 6, 2008.

Yeah... I'm lazy

1. SD-Count

SD-Count New Member

I was planning on doing a tut for this site but then I remembered to make a tut I'd have to do some complicated stuff (so there's actually something to learn) which means a lot of work. So instead, I'm just gonna release my carriage .psd.

Just open up the .psd in photoshop (preferably cs3) and look at the layers one by one, open and close them etc. to see how I did somethings. Maybe you'll pick up a few tricks.

This is a very simple sig, only 20 layers or so and I did all my adjustments on new layers instead of on the image layers, thus making this a good sig to learn from with pretty good results and, more importantly, I don't have to write a tut. :p

Final: [img width=300 height=120]http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/6928/27917982uj1.png[/img]

DL Link:
    It is uploaded on to this site, scroll down to the attachment thing.

Sorry about the delay: http://www.mediafire.com/?dfgsc1wxccg

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FJ7NNIEB

2. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    When I read the post I was like yaay ^_^ then I read the download link. I am not downloading some crappy adfilled toolbar no matter how nice it'd be to have a glance at the psd.
    :(

3. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    You only have to fill in that picture code and wait a few seconds. Then you can download it.
    You don't need that toolbar thing, that is only for people who often want to upload stuff to that site.

But when I download the file, it doesn't work properly... It just gives me a file called "untitled", which can't be opened in photoshop at all. Anyway, it's a really nice signature, but can you please fix the upload?

4. kuvasz

Hungary
    It says all download slots assigned to my country are in use. I think my country got a generous amount of 0 slots.

SD, try cropping the psd and compressing it into a rar file, it might just be under 10mb, which then you could attach here.

5. -LT-

-LT- New Member

The signature is great! Can you at least explain a little how you made it?

6. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    You could also just try to use the service that this site provides: http://www.psdnow.com/

Free PSD and image hosting, direct links and no limits. Do not ask me how they have managed to pull this off with so little adverts, but it works flawless.

7. kuvasz

Hungary
    Oh I'm adding that to my favourites, thanks.

@ LT: download the psd and see for yourself. I can't imagine an explanation being more useful than seeing it up close.

8. -LT-

-LT- New Member

All slots are taken. :(

9. SD-Count

SD-Count New Member

Sorry guys, everything but megaupload is blocked at where I work. I'll put it on rapidshare or mediafire or something.

And don't worry, I'm not here to get you toolbars >.>

Edit:
    I 'fixed' the .psd, if it still doesn't work rename it and just put a '.psd' at the end of the name and it should work properly.

Wow, I fail. I didn't know we can upload stuff on here.

@Forsaken
    Thanks for that psd website, so bookmarked =)

@LT
    I used two stocks, one of the car which I then rendered and another of a random skyscraper. Positioned the car in the direction of the flow and then sharpened+dodged it. Used edit->distort for the skyscraper until it looked like tire tracks (the windows of the building) and then just painted over it with a low opacity brush that has the color I wanted. This step can also be done with hue adjustments. Used a soft edged brush and made some dots for lights and then smudge. Made some dots in red for rear lights and then erased the bad parts. Took the skyscraper stock and put it on top of the car and painted it blue and erased parts of it with a 100% opacity black sandy looking brush. Motion blur the whole thing and erase the blur off the focal, play with contrast (probably could've contrasted a bit more), upped the saturation and took my black sand brush to the bottom to give it a nice all around feel. Then text+clip mask.

10. kuvasz

Hungary
    2mb? Additional options>attach is your friend! :D Seems like you already figured it out ;)

Once again I conclude that I lack the imagination needed to make such spectacular sigs. That skyscraper is really good.