1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zeratul, Raynor, Kerrigan and Duran suck.

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Story and Races' started by Mortal314, Jun 11, 2010.

Zeratul, Raynor, Kerrigan and Duran suck.

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Story and Races' started by Mortal314, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Mortal314

Mortal314 New Member

Terran Confederacy rocked. It created those cool weapons like ghosts and stuff which made it possible for humans to compete with zerg and protoss. So without it terrans would be dead now.
    So this bright confederacy that can lead humanity to great future is destroyed.

Overmind rocked. It was evolving the zergs and trying to make them perfect. It is because of Overmind zerg could evolve in the first place. Without overmind zerg would be dumb parasites.
    But what blizzard did? Killed him. My favorite character in starcraft.

Cerebrates rocked. I remember how fun it was to play zerg campaign in starcraft original. Cerebrates always were supportive and you feel like a part of the swarm. Zasz was cool but he died because of stupid and arrogant kerrigan. Zasz "You dare to threaten a cerebrate?You will be doom for us all" Also in Brood War kerrigan did all the trash talking and took credit for wins while cerebrate did all the work for her.

Also in broodwar kerrigan won the war just because cerebrate was awesome commander who did all the work for her and she KILLED HIM IN THE END?? Kerrigan sucks more then ever.

Second Overmind rocked. It was last chance for Zerg to become the way they were before.
    Also Daggoth was one of best zerg characters. What did Blizzard do? Killed him and the overmind.

Aldaris rocked. He could be great leader that could create bright future for the protoss. He was the first one to see that raszagal lost her mind. But he got killed because of zombie raszagal and stupid zeratul.

Stukov rocked. If Dugalle would listen to him UED would win easily but Duran screwed everything up.

Dugalle rocked. He won the battle on char and took overmind under control. If stupid Raynor and Mengsk wouldn't join Kerrigan everything would be cool.

So all good characters died what do we have left? Bunch of assholes.

Kerrigan killed all the zerg leaders and now swarm has no chance to evolve and become perfect.

Raynor first destroyed confederacy by helping mengsk. Then he detsroyed UED by helping kerrigan. And now he tried to destroy terran dominion. He is most evil character and enemy of the terran race.

Zeratul. Nice job killing all the great protoss characters and helping kerrigan to become ultimate massmurderer.

Duran. Because of him alot of great people died.

No more great people in starcraft. Only assholes. The only good outcome is that those assholes will kill each other.

2. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

I have ... to agree with you =) in reading your post that is what happened. And all the great characters died. Yes, Raynor killed indirectly even Fenix, don't forget him. But we killed Duke too. Duke was an asshole. He was a confederate, an enemy. what did he do ? he helped the confederacy, and helped Mengsk and Raynor, and now ... dead. yeah !
    Tassadar ? Dead too, but he sacrified himslef, to kill a great character, the Overmind.
    Raynor is his worst enemy. That's why he is drunk now in SC2. He has regrets. Poor idiot !
    Only bunches of assholes ! LOL ! Right !

There will be a bunch of new characters in SC2. Maybe, again, new stupid peons for Kerrigan and victims from the bad judgment of Raynor.
    We'll see.

3. Kimera757

Kimera757 New Member

Duran was a member of the Confederate Resistance Forces. He even appeared in that role in I, Mengsk.

4. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

Duran is powerful enough in psionics to make the zerg belief he is infested. I wouldn't put any truth in any of his appearances.

5. Gandromidar

Gandromidar New Member

Queensland, Australia
    I don't even think Duran is human at all :S He could be a Xel'naga maybe...

6. userstupidname

userstupidname New Member

Well this discussion already spiraled out from the main topic :D

7. Mortal314

Mortal314 New Member

Fenix died because of he's stupidity, it's really hard to feel sorry for him. What protoss would ever unite with infested kerrigan and let her control all the swarm(fenix was aware of that).

Duke rocked because he fought for confederacy and confederacy brings peace and happiness. He joined mengsk because he captured him. Also why he died? Because one of assholes(kerrigan) killed him.

Tassadar rocked. But he sacrificed himself. Nobody killed him it was his own choice. And brave choice I would say. He choose to be dead so be it.

What sucks the most is that kerrigan is the zerg leader and all cerebrates and both overmind are dead. So zerg stuck with being somebody's slaves forever(zerg were designed to follow overmind and overmind was designed to lead zergs to perfection now zerg are just a slaves in hands of it's master kerrigan and if kerrigan dies zerg will be bunch of brainless animals).

8. Supahboih

Supahboih New Member

Sweden
    altough I think the overlords will gain free will and serve as miniature cererbrates if kerrigan dies

9. Spardas

Spardas Guest

since when do overlords think?

p.s i agree with u mortal...i think everyone is an asshole like u said....the entire game lore is ****ty and sc2 is gonna be the crappiest game ever just cause sc1 was crappy too...yeah.....who liked starcraft lore anyway? bah no one....so make it over blizz...we want new lore....a 3rd overmind would be nice...tassadar as an observer also...kill raynor kerrigan and mengs...no one wants them around....oh and bring back duke....yeah i think this will work nice !! i like it

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2010
  10. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

I like the lore actually :(
    I like it b/c of what you just said! The main heroes screwed everything over. Instead of saving everyone, they just made everything worse :)

11. Mako

Mako New Member

What you said is true, but it also makes the game great :). Seriously though... why does Kerrigan have to go and kill the cerebrate who jacks up 2 Terran forces and 1 Protoss force on the last mission..? lol

12. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    Acutally I think the cerebrate that you played in Brood War is dead by that time. I notice that after the mission where you killed the new overmind(or the one right after that... Then again it has been a while since I played the game so my memory might be faulty), Kerrigan and Duran(If he was still hanging around) stops making any reference to you at all.

Besides, from a Blizzard statement, it seems that all cerebrates can not live long without the overmind and died soon after, including the one you played as.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  13. BloodHawk

BloodHawk Member

CT, USA
    Because she was first controlled by Mengsk and then by the Overmind. She doesn't want anyone else rising up to control her ever again.

Zeratul is from an outcast section of his own people that don't particularity trust him despite what he had done and was willing to sacrifice for Auir's Protoss during the 1st mission of BW. He didn't see through the matriarchs infestation because she was like freaking mother Teressa to his people. He made a mistake, yes the character has faults.

Same thing with Raynor. He's done his best to save everything that's ever mattered to him. However, he is way too trusting. Although his trust of the Protoss has paid off, his alcoholism in SC2 is indicative that he can't forget his failures.

This is a space opera. The characters are supposed to be flawed, that's what makes them interesting.
    If their is no risk of your favorite characters dieing, that's kinda boring. There wouldn't be any real consequences ever; there'd be no point to have a story.

14. userstupidname

They suck

But on the flipside its good entertainment

15. Mako

Mako New Member

Hahah yeah some of the characters are stupid but hey it just makes starcraft an awesome series because thats how good it is :D.

16. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

In many good books, you are more knowing than the characters in it, so you can predict things, making the book more exciting, and drawing you more into the storyline.
    I feel it is the same way with Starcrafts storyline.

17. Rebel Head

Rebel Head New Member

Virginia
    If you think about it, no other character besides Raynor has made appearances in every campaign of the original starcraft, and broodwar. I actually really like the guy, he's flawed like any other typical human, but he's brave and virtuous at heart. I like Duran too, there's just so much about him that we don't know, and that kind of mystery makes him very interesting.

I don't mind it when characters I like die, it serves the story.

18. BloodHawk

BloodHawk Member

CT, USA
    I just realized I got thanked by the the same guy who originally thanked the OP. :D
    Making the world a better place; suck it captain planet.

Rebel, I may not like many of the things you have to say, but, you explained Raynor far better than I did.

19. cHowziLLa

cHowziLLa New Member

Montreal
    they should make kerrigan a really hot character in the cinematics :)

20. userstupidname

Ye I really find her new look compared to the bw box coverage (the three faces) really ugly, she doesn't look corrupted just like shes some emo kid.