1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zero Hour - Brutal

Discussion in 'Wings of Liberty Campaign Discussion' started by grapedog, Jul 27, 2010.

Zero Hour - Brutal

1. grapedog

grapedog New Member

Texas
    I'm already not familiar with Terran, and I'm so out of practice, but man... that mission on brutal difficulty was really... BRUTAL.

Loving the game though...

2. MPower

MPower New Member

Which one is that?
    I just got past that, man Im so tired, time to get to bed.

3. Amduscias

Amduscias New Member

Cologne, Germany
    The third (and last) of the Mar Sara Missions. Liked it. Which difficulty your playing on? I started with "normal" first. Not to difficult then, i think. Had no Problems blasting up 6/8 hatcherys while defending my base!

4. Agis

Agis Guest

Man ive been on that mission playing hard for over 3 hours , and i cannot see how you can get maximum points on hard , try to foil one side of the map you get punished on the other side, rescuing the rebels (3 of them) 2 of them are easy as pie ...right now this is my mission

Start

1. 4 SCVs and 4 marines (all crystals gone for the moment)

I send 12 up to the frist wave of zerg (simple) , with the 4 SCVs i send one behind the 1st wave and and other on the right bridge with 8 marines.

the 3rd into crystals and 4th to make supply depot then make a turret. to stop the 1st flying wave without destroying a structure,, then after that ...MAN you have 2 entry to main hatchery - how the hell do you cover those passages without at least 1 barracks being destroyed therefore failing one of the missions, and get all 3 rebels out of the line of fire plus. in the meantime you are trying to stop more zerg from crashing into the planet,

Look i did the mission on HARD and suceeded but no bonus missions were completed - thats pretty simple - but take out 4 hatcheries, save every barracks you build, and on top resuce all the rebels..its tough , i couldnt imagine how hard it is on brutal.

your strategies please...?? as I want to make my $80 bucks worthwhile buy completing all the bonus stuff to get maximum output out of Starcraft 2 , im on HARD level , im not a Starcraft Elite player to play on BRUTAL - but normal is out of the question as i want a challenge..hehe

cheers:)

5. domanz

domanz New Member

I managed to destroy 4 hatcheries on hard and save all the rebels... but lost several bunker. I don't know my exact build oder, but my first resources go into scvs and additional bunkers on both sides of the bridge. Once these are manned, I build up, like training some medics, researching, and build more marines. Should be enough by the time the first rebels need rescue. I continue pumping marines, after the rebels I immediatly go to the SW and destroy the tumors and zerg there. Then I keep pumping marines and building a 3rd bunker on each bridge. I leave some marines in the base for air attacks. As soon as I have amassed enough marines (as soon as possible), I go into the southern base and destroy it. Same with the one west thereafter. That was the time the broodlings and another major zerg force from nowhere took out my whole squad. All my bunkers got destroyed, all my rax, and I completed the mission with my CC nearly destroyed. Phew.

Anyways, it's most important to attack immediatly after the zerg base has released a wave to die on your bunker, cause your squad cannot take on a wohle force and those spine crawlers on it's own.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  6. Agis

Agis Guest

Yeah thats the hard bit - i know the hatcheries and rebel part i could probably do - but saving all structures that is a hard task - Im trying to get full points on this mission before i move on to the next one, but saving all structures i love to hear from someone thats gone without no structures been salvaged or destroyed.. :)

7. grapedog

grapedog New Member

Texas
    Just because you can't lose those structures, doesn't mean you can't add any to them. Add an extra bunker or two, along with perhaps 1 supply depot in the way, on each side. Get a couple of marines up by that one sentry gun on the raised area next to your base, it only gets attacked once I think. Get SCV's to the bunkers as well to keep them repaired.

8. Strikk

Strikk Guest

Destroy 4 hatcheries

Hello, I've been looking for help on this level, what are the 4 hatcheries?
    I Killed 3 of what i thought are hatcheries on the left base and 2 on the top left base. But it still says i only killed 3 :/
    Are Hatcheries the buildings that the zerg produce units from and a dropping point for the zerg resources?
    thanks if anyone can clarify this,
    Strikk

9. WIMAAC

WIMAAC Guest

I just got 2 depots blocking and 4 bunks behind as defence... then again.. I played that level on normal. I haven't tried brutal yet... but from what you guys describe it was... Hell it's gonna be hard.

10. sukiya

sukiya Guest

Yeah, finished the map on Hard and Brutal, its easy camping up inside base with bunkers in front... But having trouble destroying 4 hatcheries lol... Anyone got tips for that achievement on Hard mode?

11. Thaelos

Thaelos New Member

ok so im doing the same thing as u guys but dont worry about the saving your base thing on hard its pretty much impossible as i can see it the achevie only requires u to do that part on normal but the hatching thing is tricky as best as i can see it you need to rush them send your starting resources to get your two bunker to build two units at a time as well as spam more scv

put all 16 of your starting maring at the bottom bridge as this is were your first atack is then just spam marines move very quickly

12. Thaelos

Thaelos New Member

yes its there big one the resource drop of point

13. suolestaja

suolestaja Guest

Tactic for 4 hatcheries.

So here is my tactic.. tried like 5 different ones this was best for 150% sure.
    So you start game bla bla def first bridge on right bot corner (get all marines there) after first wave or second wave go collect from GREEN spot on map the minerals+gas. Rescue rebellions from right side also and camp still. (pump marines+medics all time).

Btw now when you attack get ur troops to upper level cuz u can def to the "choke" with 3 bunkers so build one more and fill with marines always when 1-2 comes out from barrack.

Picture: http://img833.imageshack.us/i/huhhu2.jpg/

So now you have collected marines+medics, its time to attack. GREEN SPOT will have rebellion rescue u gotta attack sametime when u go rescue em, u get marines+medics from there as extra. Now you run straight to spot 1 (number 1 in map) Kill 2 hatcheries and in this case go camp back to base after 1 wave.(so they wont att you when you walk back to come)

Now i would say wait for 4 min 30 sec game time and attack with all troops u get out from base(pump more all time and send em in) untill zerg comes up and will destroy ur base(here you will fly with ur buildings out from base so only muta can attack)

Attack in spot 2. There will be alot def but you gotta micro em out from cliffs / choke / ramp. kill 2 hatcheries(as you see in picture they are near ramp)

Gz from achi now :) If you dont manage / understand all this.. send me e-mail or something and ill add you in game :)

14. grapedog

grapedog New Member

Texas
    There are three hatcheries on the ground level area to the left of where you rescue that last group of soldier. A relatively decent sized force should be able to take out those three, then you only need to clear one more hatchery right at the top of that ramp, and you're done. Going up top, to the main base, will just kill you.

Also, make sure your Barracks really point, where they go when they spawn, is set to someone in your attacking party. I usually use a medic, because they tend to live the longest. That way a steady stream of reinforcements is coming to you. But that lower level base on the left was the easiest way to get 3 that I could find.

15. Strikk

Strikk Guest

ta all

Thanks for the help on this one. I managed to get all 4, the way i did it was I made a mini forward base just outside of their left base and churned out marines from there. This one didn't register for me on the 1st two attempts tho, confusing.

16. THEMAN

THEMAN Guest

An easier way is to just defend with bunkers, block the East bridge with 3, and then almost block the West bridge but leave a space 2 marines can go through together (helps not get slaughtered later). Start the mission by salvaging the two bunkers at the top, building 2 extra barracks, tech lab one of them, reactor the others, pump out marines and medics at about 5 marines per medic.

Around the 9 minutes left mark (you should have a buttload of marines and medics by now), head straight north to the zerg camp (DO NOT go to the one on the west) grouping your marines into two roughly equal groups. When you get there, fight the two groups separately, one to each hatchery. AS SOON as the hatcheries die (you will have to kill defenders before you can kill the hatcheries) run both groups back towards the west and they can hide kind of at the base of a cliff (underneath where the last group of marines to resue are). It is important you leave at least two zerg drones, so don't kill them all before running away.

Spend about 3 minutes pumping more medics and marines out, run them up to the others in a group, and then go kill the two brand new hatcheries that have been built. This should leave you about 1 or 2 minutes left in the game, but it is important to note that you DO NOT have to win the mission for the achievement to count, and if you want to do the no loss/salvage achievement, or the rescue marines, do them separately separately...you need the resources from salvaging the two bunkers to kick start your barracks builds.

Good Luck