1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10-Neon, checking in

Discussion in 'BlizzCon 2007' started by 10-Neon, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

10-Neon, checking in

Discussion in 'BlizzCon 2007' started by 10-Neon, Aug 3, 2007.

1. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    Pardon typos, I hate laptop keyboards, and I am in a hurry.

I thought wouldn't have access to a computer, but I ran into some laptops with a free internet connections outside the room they do panels in. I am skippin the art panel to eat and get some stuff out. They undoubtedly have announced all of the cool new Terran stuff by now, Iwon't even touch it until I've seen it myself. What I will (interrupt, Tym, from here, just came up and talked to me.) talk about is stuff you won't hear anywhere else. In the line to my first shot at SC2, (it wrapped all the way around the section) one of the developers came up and talked to us line-waiters. I was only able to ask two(well, one and a half) questions (the other guys were hogging him) but let's see how you like the answers. The first thing I asked, it was actually clarifying someone else's question, was about Team Melee, etc, where multiple players control a base. He said that, while they had no reason not to include it, he didn't see it being a major part of the game. The next thing was about the Soul Hunter: I asked about why it was removed. His answer was that the Soul Hunter was intended as an intermediate unit between the Stalker and the Immortal. It was supposed to, originally, suck up the souls of dying Zealots (friendly Zealots, not enemies) but testers complained that it meant that players would make Zealots just to get them killed. So they changd it to suck up enemy souls, where it proceeded to become and overpowered unit that people would use exclusively. At that point it got the axe.

I have a lot more stuff, related to gameplay and whatnot, that i will post later. I have several pages of it, and don't think I have time to post it now. I will note that, when you get past the controls (they keyboard was different from what I knew, some hotkeys changed) and the tech tree (f12 opens the whoing the tech tree, though I didn't use it much), the game plays...feels, exactly like the original game. Graphics? if you have time to worry, you're probably losing!

I'll try to check in as often as possiblebetween panels. I will probably get several more hours of play before the convention ends, and I promise to give you every little juicy detail that I can possibly find.

2. burkid

burkid New Member

youre alive! glad to hear from one of our own. thanks for the update, i was actually wondering about the soul hunter myself.

3. Outcaster

Outcaster New Member

nicely done, keep it up with more insight :)

4. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    nice man keep up the good work ^_^

5. generalrievous

generalrievous New Member

you have done well

6. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

We are pleased you 10-Neon. Continue to please us, and you will take your place among the Pantheon of of Awesomeness.

7. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    I hope you have pen, paper, dictaphone, whatever at hand! Thanks for keeping us unlucky ones updated.

8. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    Hurray 10-Neon thank you for the post and nice questions you asked there and i was wondering why Soul Hunters were scrapped.

PS: what was the Blizzcon like??

9. Ych

Ych New Member

Very nice. Keep it up :good:

10. DontHate

DontHate New Member

awesome, very nice.

11. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

they announced the WOW expansion..

12. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    We love ya 10-Neone.  Have a great time there.  Write home often.  You will come back to us won't you?  Neon?  Nee-nee? :upset:

13. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Pff, I liked the RPGs back when they were pencil, paper, and a d12.....Sigh....The good ol' days....

WoW isn't a game, it's crack in electronic form.

14. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    So you noticed Markus, I must get rid of the evidence.

Umm... why don't you come take a walk with me Markus. Oh what, this alley? Oh no, don't worry about it, it's just a little dark. Come right in...

15. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

......Ew......

16. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

I'm just that good
    *WINK*

17. Tym29

Tym29 New Member

Wow, so I just finished my first 6 hours day SC2 with only occasional breaks to return to the line to wait for the next scrimmage and food. The multiplayer game play is pretty familiar even some of the buildings are similar enough to recognize. The game plays very much like SC1, but a few new units and of course awesome new eye candy. The environments are so gorgeous its kind of distracting but nice. Its still very much like a “more pretty†version of the same game. The two races are very well balanced. The AI for the units still sucks balls. My colossus’ can walk over cliffs etc but get confused around proton cannons and just walk in circles. Not cool but funny. Oh and the colossus’ is awesomely powerful. Walking that into a terran supply chain is a thing of wonder. The scvs just melt away. The terran turrets respond to the colossus as an air unit and fire on them which I found interesting. They are however extremely vulnerable to air attack which terran have in the bag from early in the game with the Viking, another of my new favorite units. So balance is maintained.
    Each game was limited to 20 minutes to decimate the opposing two players completely. Not an easy task. So getting to a mothership in the tech tree wasn’t an easy task. But wow what a let down. The Mothership just blow up after it got hit a few times I’m sure like with the carrier fleet its upgrades make a bit difference but I was under impressed after the huge cost and extensive tech investment. Which was also my impression of the Thor. Its very cool looking on the battle field and very scary to see 5 of those coming up your ramp but a few zelots and a couple of handfuls of warp orbs make short work of the whole lot very quickly. And a few Vikings can make a pile of rubble out of the Mothership.

18. Tym29

Tym29 New Member

They laughed when someone asked that and said that it could SC2 or  WOW…the… expansion whatever (I don’t play WOW ) Which ever reaches Beta first. So even they didn’t know which it was for.

edit "Wrath of the Lich King"

19. Outcaster

Outcaster New Member

Well then express your wrath :))

20. Tym29

Tym29 New Member

aw just use the psionic blade...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.