1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Space Junk' started by ijffdrie, Apr 22, 2012.

Discussion in 'Space Junk' started by ijffdrie, Apr 22, 2012.

1. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

This show is awesome!

Any other Korra fans here?

2. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    I'll let you know when the r34 gets flowing.

3. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

Wait, it hasn't already? Really?

*looks it up*

Huh, you're right. How odd. Internet, you disappoint.

4. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    I see one here and there, but no "manga" yet. I never liked the first series, so I don't see what would drive me to enjoy the second.

5. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

steampunk ninjas?

6. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    I had a game concept based around the idea of a steampunk Aladdin/ninja character.

7. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

yeah, you told that one.

8. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Oh. Mmmmm sour patch kids.

9. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    Seems good. The characters aren't as memorable as they were in the first series, but it's only been a few episodes.

10. Ximnipot69

Ximnipot69 New Member

Huskvarna, Sweden
    <3 Korra <3

I'm really liking the series so far. I'm not 100% sold on all the technological progress, but the Equalists has the potential for some really awesome episodes down the line.

11. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

Ooh, fun fact for episode three in spoilers

Look at Amon performing his bending-supressing powers and compare it to Aang's. Aang touches two chakras: Ajna and Anihata. This makes a degree of sense. The ajna is known as light or the fact that everything, including the bending arts are one. So basically, spirit-bending. In addition, the Anihata is the air chakra, and Aang is an airbender (this would mean that avatar Kyoshi would have needed to grab Ozai's crotch).

Now look at Amon. He touches the Ajna as well, but doesn't touch a second chakra. But, if you look closely, he briefly touches someone's neck. Ever heard of Shiatsu massages? In that style, there are several pressure points in the neck. One of these, exactly where Amon touches, is called... the amon!

Now what does that mean? I have no idea. Just a fun fact.

12. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

MC and I just remembered we had an actual forum rather than just a chat.

Anyway, I liked the series overall, but I do have more than a few issues with the finale:

1) Am I the only one who thought that the twist was going to be that Amon wasn't really going to be Yakone's brother? Amon obviously has a very different skin-colour than the kid, we clearly see him fire-bend (look how he is pushing aside the flaming wall) when following Korra and there is absolutely no explanation for how the hell Amon was taking away bending. I'd accept blood-bending as an explanation, except that Korra clearly needs to use energy-bending to return it. We might get an explanation for this next season, but I still feel that one of the characters should have noticed it.
    2) How the hell did Mako and Korra both break free of blood-bending? Yakone was easily able to control an entire courtroom with his eyeballs, yet Amon can't control two people.
    3) Naga is suddenly able to throw around mecha-tanks and break through iron bars.
    4) How did Korra get in contact with her spiritual side? We never see anything in the episodes to indicate that she has become spiritual. It honestly felt like a deus ex machina.
    5) How did Amon catch Tenzin and the kids? We spend a portion of the previous episode on them getting away, we saw the zeppelin break off pursuit... and suddenly they are captured.
    6) Given Tarrlok's backstory, why was he trying to take over the city through the oppression of non-benders?

13. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    Another inconsistency is how Amon had to use his hands to bloodbend, I find it quite strange that he could "psychic" bloodbend but didn't use that certain ability against Korra, Mako and Amon's underling.

14. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

Eh, the other psychic bloodbenders also needed to use their hands for the stronger moves (Yakone needed it to try and kill Aang, Tarrlok needed it to take people out). Though Amon never really did anything strong, despite supposedly being the strongest.

He's also a bit of an idiot for waterbending after he was thrown outside. You'd think he'd have realized everyone could see him. He could easily grab his mask while remaining out of sight so no one would have seen that the scar disappeared.

Also, did the main character actually ever defeat an equalist force?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  15. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    I guess you're right, and i don't think so if Korra and co. ever defeat an equalist force. But at least they did on the finale and it was complete victory.

On the other hand, I quite liked the tragic ending for Noatok and Tarlokk. It was...quite a tragic story and it certainly made this series to be much more serious than the first one.

16. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

I'm still surprised they actually got away with a murder-suicide in a children's show.

17. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    I think it's fine, ignoring it as a children's show, story for the season was certainly an epic. Also, the series itself will only last for 26 episodes...12 and 14 episodes respectively. To be honest, I think it should last longer than that, the series has potential to show them adventuring around the world and see how it has all changed.

Other than that, great story nonetheless and a very tragic end for those two guys.

18. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

Actually, they've already said they're planning a third season.

19. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    Yussss!!!! Wait, are each season gonna be standalone like the first season or are each of the seasons gonna be linked this time? I wouldn't mind either tbh.

20. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

The second seasons is already written IIRC, so they're all going to be standalone.